• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Project update

Delivery options update:
1. Russian post (pochta.ru) - 10 USD. 15-35 days, trackable. We recommend it.
2. Express-courier delivery (cdek-express.com) - 30-40 USD. 8-10 days, trackable. Still under consideration.

First DSC 2.5.2 photo!
Under testing now.
You can see different options for assembling boards.

Attachments

• IMG-1435.JPG
    IMG-1435.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 1,264
  • IMG-1426.JPG
    IMG-1426.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,249
  • IMG-1434.JPG
    IMG-1434.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,229

The boards look very good! 2.6.2 will be the same, two boards that can be connected? If yes, is soldering necessary or those clips from the images will be included? I really like the second setup with the boards stacked but I don't see how these are connected (the clips look smaller in the first photo)

About the amanero how is it connected? Could you please give me some links of where to buy such connectors?
Thank you.

2.6.2 will be the same, two boards that can be connected?

No, as described in the first post, 2.6.2 is a single board.

About the amanero how is it connected? Could you please give me some links of where to buy such connectors?
Thank you.

The Amanero board plugs into the socket on the DSC2 board. New Amanero boards come with suitable connectors, otherwise 0.1inch headers and sockets are readily available from suppliers such as Mouser, Digikey, Farnell etc.

In a few days I'll post a User Guide for DSC 2.5.2 with descriptions all connections possibilities, jumpers, transformers placement, default configurations.

There's no hurry Vit' but can you include the power supply current requirements in the user guide, it will help with configuring shunt regulated power supplies, such as the Salas Reflektor-D, if you choose to use them instead of the onboard regulators. Thanks

Every now and then i stumble on projects that stir my interest. Then i have to scramble and try to read all about it in record time. I just hope this GB will not be closed too soon as i still need to get arount it - this project makes my pc obsolete ( mac mini core2 duo) involves costs for new software and will not help me reach my goal of multichannel for active filtering. But hats off still. when is it going to close? I need time to think and read about it...