• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

Hi,
Will be available isolator + reclocker for DSC 2.6.2 too?
At the moment Pavel does not have any plans to release even DSC with a reclocker, as I know. He said only that by the end of the month the prototype will be ready.
No plans for standalone isolator+reclocker for DSC too.

Better to go for BBB i2s?
IMO - yes. With good clocks.
No need to wait Pavel's new design. You can buy it right now - McFIFO/McDualXO or Cronus/Rhea/Hermes combo. These products can be used with ANY I2S DAC.

The only possible advantage of Pavel's approach - it should be cheaper. :)

A couple of my PCBs, to interface my Twisted Pear Cronus with DSC2, are in the process of being assembled.

YriFBPC.jpg

DSD data from Cronus to DSC2 and isolated inputs for mute and DSD on.

I'll get the headers soldered up soon and give it a try.

At the moment Pavel does not have any plans to release even DSC with a reclocker, as I know. He said only that by the end of the month the prototype will be ready.
No plans for standalone isolator+reclocker for DSC too.

IMO - yes. With good clocks.
No need to wait Pavel's new design. You can buy it right now - McFIFO/McDualXO or Cronus/Rhea/Hermes combo. These products can be used with ANY I2S DAC.

The only possible advantage of Pavel's approach - it should be cheaper. :)

Thanks Vit, i will go fo it :)

BBB is on the way.

Hi!
As I'm no longer associated with GB in any way, I decided to close this thread. Alexey Galkin (HiddenPilot) asked me to give him 2-3 weeks to open his own GB.

All questions related to technical support and purchase of DSC should be addressed to Alexey directly (PM or post in this thread while available).

Thanks a lot, Ray.
I would like to focus on my own DSC related projects (hope for cooperation with Pavel):
1. Supercapacitor power supply for DSC.
2. Takman/Vishay Z-foil resistors for DSC
3. TVC for direct connection DSC to power amplifier (no need in output transformer).
4. BBB replacement with a more compact solution.
It will take time and money. :)

Thanks a lot, Ray.
I would like to focus on my own DSC related projects (hope for cooperation with Pavel):
1. Supercapacitor power supply for DSC.
2. Takman/Vishay Z-foil resistors for DSC
3. TVC for direct connection DSC to power amplifier (no need in output transformer).
4. BBB replacement with a more compact solution.
It will take time and money. :)

That all sounds very interesting Vit and I'll look forward to your developments - hopefully you'll keep posting here for those of us with no Russian language ability.

Hi!
As I'm no longer associated with GB in any way, I decided to close this thread. Alexey Galkin (HiddenPilot) asked me to give him 2-3 weeks to open his own GB.

All questions related to technical support and purchase of DSC should be addressed to Alexey directly (PM or post in this thread while available).

Thanks a lot for sharing experiences and support.

Hey guys, can anybody help out with the set up for the 2.6 board with Lundahll 1527XL? The guide really does not talk about 2.6. There are jumpers: J10, J11, J13, and J15, I have 3K3 resistors in place across the transformer outputs, but am not sure what to do with the jumpers for single ended vs. balanced output?

Hi Vit, thank you ver much for your enthousiast and friendly support here. So much appreciated!

I haven't installed my dscv252 yet as my hqplayer streamer needs to be finished first and my diy chassis for that takes more time than anticipated (like my family).

I am hoping for a more simple and cheap solution for isolation and reclocking. The JLSounds new usb to I2S looks interesting in that respect. Ty Nautibuoy for your note on that!

Alexey/Vit, is it an idea to end this thread with a last post including the link to your new GB thread?

Last edited:
There are jumpers: J10, J11, J13, and J15, I have 3K3 resistors in place across the transformer outputs, but am not sure what to do with the jumpers for single ended vs. balanced output?

The same as for 2.5.2 board:
XLR - J10 - 1, J11 - 1, J13 - 0, J15 - 0
RCA - J15 - 0, J11 - 0, J13 - 1, J15 - 1

Alexey/Vit, is it an idea to end this thread with a last post including the link to your new GB thread?
Yes. If Alexey decides to start new thread - I close this one and post link.

If no - I add info in first message "GB closed, if someone wants to buy, PM to Alexey".

seems odd...

The same as for 2.5.2 board:
XLR - J10 - 1, J11 - 1, J13 - 0, J15 - 0
RCA - J15 - 0, J11 - 0, J13 - 1, J15 - 1

Yes. If Alexey decides to start new thread - I close this one and post link.

If no - I add info in first message "GB closed, if someone wants to buy, PM to Alexey".

With Lundahl 1527XLs in place and no jumpers the DAC is working perfectly, with output voltage of 1.55 V @ 0dB input. Looking at the board it appears the jumpers might only be needed for the Chinese transformers?

With Lundahl 1527XLs in place and no jumpers the DAC is working perfectly, with output voltage of 1.55 V @ 0dB input. Looking at the board it appears the jumpers might only be needed for the Chinese transformers?
Output stage schematics is the same for 2.6.2 and 2.5.2. So, you can use RCA w/o any jumpers soldered.

If you solder J13, J15 for RCA - you connect DAC GND to RCA GND. If no - RCA ground is isolated from DSC GND.

It's true foe any transformers.