• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I ordered the aluminium sheet today. I also chose a company to do it. I asked them to produce a test jig from 2mm aluminium and it is ready so I will pick it tomorrow morning. It was intended to check all sizing and also to go and try it how it fits on the routers. I will do this during the weekend. If all fits fine (paper prints did) I will go ahead and give them green light to cut the jigs. That said, I expect them to be done by next Friday. I will have to chamfer some of the holes and will do it on all (the holes that go under the router base only so the fit to it is tight) - I have a standing drill press and will buy a set of drill restrictors which allow precise depth to be set.

So, if all goes well, sometime on Monday or Tuesday I will bring the jigs for anodizing.

I had to buy more aluminium than we needed as sheets are 1x2m so one more jig can be produced - if anyone is interested, contact me for payment info.

We made a test piece to verify how it fits, it does fit beautifully on the POF-range but for the 625/624 family required two holes to be moved 1mm away. The radiuses are correct, I asked for a few test holes. It is now finalised and I have confirmed the order with the aluminium cuting company. Sheet will be delivered to them on Monday so I expect them to be done by Friday.

The test piece has two engravings on it, here`s a photo of it - I think engraving looks nice. It is of 2mm aluminium, standard grade 1050 and it is stiff enough, we did overdo a bit with the 4mm high-strength one but thats the beauty of DIY :)

Attachments

• WP_20180413_13_49_45_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180413_13_49_45_Pro_LI.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 202
There`s been a delay on the delivery of the aluminium sheet from the selling company to the machining depot, it has been delivered yesterday (had to be Tuesday). I spoke to the machining company and they said they`ve scheduled the cutouts for tomorrow, Friday, so we`re still in schedule. I will post pics of the rough details once I have them.

Got them, they`re with me in the office. Will post photos later today. Aluminium looks more like stainless steel. One bad new - the dashed line at "Custom sizes" is not centered properly. All else is prima. Pics - later today.

I will have to do the chamfers for the screws this weekend and bring them for anodizing next week. Once done, they`d be dispatched :)

Can someone help me with the exact bore (diameter)of the Bosch router base screws? As you know, I put smaller holes for these as I was unsure of their diameter and will expand them to accomodate the screw body.

Here they are (not yet anodized). I checked with a 16mm router cutter and two random holes at 50mm and 76.5mm - spot on :) I had to check who ****** up the dashed line (really not an issue at all but...looks non-symetrical now) - its not me, the routing company did, my file is fine :D

Attachments

• WP_20180420_16_37_48_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180420_16_37_48_Pro_LI.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 169
  • WP_20180420_19_42_51_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180420_19_42_51_Pro_LI.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 168
  • WP_20180420_19_45_56_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180420_19_45_56_Pro_LI.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 158
  • WP_20180420_19_43_59_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180420_19_43_59_Pro_LI.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 154
  • WP_20180420_19_45_19_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180420_19_45_19_Pro_LI.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hi Heinz, was very busy at the office and had little time if none to work on them. However, I managed to chamfer the mounting holes yesterday (didn`t work with the restrictors so I bought a chamfer tool we call a "zenker" here, looks like a 45 degree router bit). With that said, I am ready to bring them for anodizing, finally.

I had a question no one answered - what is the plate screw diameter on the POF routers? I don`t have one and found zero info (one website mentioned M4 but I need it confirmed). I need it to drill the holes for the router attachment bolts/screws, now they`re 1.5mm only (to lead the drill bit straight).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.