Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2018, 04:10 PM   #11
Mario Pankov is offline Mario Pankov  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastellano View Post
Hi,
Iím interested as I have the same issue with the Jasper being in inches.

Regards

Jorge
Hi Jorge,

can you forward a copy of the base of your router?

Can we agree on the material too (that`s to all interested), I will phone the laser facility in a few days, I need to add the lines for easier navigation.

1. POM
2. Aluminium alloy
Old 5th March 2018, 06:43 PM   #12
jcastellano is offline jcastellano  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default I have also the Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Pankov View Post
Hi Jorge,

can you forward a copy of the base of your router?

Can we agree on the material too (that`s to all interested), I will phone the laser facility in a few days, I need to add the lines for easier navigation.

1. POM
2. Aluminium alloy
Hi Mario,

I also have a Bosch router, mine is POF1200AE but has the same base as the POF1400ACE.

I am in doubt about the material, I use the jig barely, once in two years more or less...so I am not concerned about being durable...so just to make a decision, I would prefer aluminium. But if the rest of the groupbuy chooses the POM...itís ok for me.

Regards,

Jorge
Old 5th March 2018, 06:49 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I am more inclined to aluminium too, POM cannot be etched so no writings on it, only engraving. I think aluminium would be better off.
Old 18th March 2018, 10:08 AM   #14
heinz1964 is offline heinz1964  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Any news

Hi

Any news on this group buy?

It does not matter to me if it is aluminium or POM.

best regards

uwe
Old 18th March 2018, 10:20 AM   #15
raelman is offline raelman  Spain
diyAudio Member

+1 interested.
Old 18th March 2018, 11:51 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Yes, I will ask for final quotes tomorrow. Then will post here and we can setup the order. I got the POF1200 base drawing so will add it later today.
Old 18th March 2018, 01:59 PM   #17
Forane12 is offline Forane12  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

+1
Old 20th March 2018, 04:58 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

The POF1200 file Nisbeth was kind enough to send me was not downloadable by some reason. He`d resend it today so hopefully tomorrow I will send the final design for pricing.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:38 AM   #19
v is offline v  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi Mario
This is super,
i am in, for one as well.
I have the Bosch
BR Henrik
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:55 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

I don`t know if we can make 7, give me a chance to check it. Chance is I will make 8 so one will go on sale here or on ebay. I will let you know today, Henrik.

It takes a bit longer - I had to have this jig with my by the weekend but I need to visit a local Bauhaus and confirm the design fits exactly the Bosch models. Nisbeth sent me a scan and two rullers for scaling but I want to verify and I will do it today. This evening I will apply any adjustments to the files if needed (depends on how well it fits the actual POF1200) and will forward the file to several companies to gather offers.

The aluminium type would be 5083. It is among the strongest (without quenching, which may also cause the material to bend) and has good anodizing properties. Some of the strong types are not very accommodative to anodization so it has to be 5083. I used makeitfrom.com for comparison and some university research on chemical and corrosion resistance. 2024 has slightly higher Brinell strength but is not as easy to anodize and is very susceptible to chemicals. 5083 is considered marine grade and has excellent chemical and corrosion resistance at the cost of slightly reduced strength. However, it can receive deeper anodizing which I believe will make ti even stronger than the 2024 which appears to form very thin anodizing layer. 7075 was the best but it cannot be anodized and has copper and zinc which make it more reactive to some chemicals.

Last edited by Mario Pankov; 22nd March 2018 at 07:58 AM.

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm stepHide this!Advertise here!