• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU: Router circle jig 56mm-420mm in 1mm step

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, today after work I tried to scale Nisbeth`s file but it didn`t seem right. This will innevitably lead to mistakes which may render the unit unusable.

So, I went to the local Bauhaus and copied the base of one of these. This base is different from mine and the jig will have to mount using the screws that hold the plastic plate lid. I copied three of these (the POF1200 I found locally had 5 screws in total, the one on the pic appears to have 3 only) and the center ring so will add them to the file.

Just in case, if anyone has the ability to scan his plastic guard 1:1 on a A4 bed, that will make my job even easier.

I will be adding the POF1200 to the file tomorrow morning before work.

Cheers,
Mario

Attachments

• POF1200.jpg
    POF1200.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 350
Only the published one, I checked it and it doesn`t fit one of the screws on my DW625 by less than 1mm (fixed now) but I am pleased that the radius holes are absolutely accurate. The POF1200 is different of mine. It had three holes that looked like mine but are not - not even a single one match and they have no threads, I don`t think they`re for table/jig mount. Problem is they`re not intended for table use as most can`t spin larger diameter bits anyways, like large roundeover bits of 25.4mm radius or more and are thus not pre-threaded. My old router was a Skil 1830 and had a different base layout to any other router...Thats why I ask for a 1:1 real size scan on A4 of the base of what people here have. Otherwise, I may produce it in a POF1200/DW625/MOF177/T11 variant and then everyone, using a piece of rice paper - you can copy your base and drill the jig the way you want it.

Last edited:
No problem. I have added the POF1200 base, taken from the copy I made locally. I will print it tomorrow to check if it fits the copy and have requested pricing. If anyone is curious to check on your own router - I have attached a real size PDF. There is a dot in the center of the opening circle which denotes the center of the router bit.The Bosch attaches to the three small holes, these are 2mm each in diameter. I do not know the diameter of the screws it uses (probably 4mm) so these may need to be drilled to expand or better - threaded. Drilling them should be an easy job for any diy-er but if someone wants to measure the diameter of one - I can extend the holes from now on.

Attachments

• Router_jig.pdf
    373.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Ok. I have pricing and a company that will do it. Details:

- material chosen: aluminium 5083 (strong, very corrosion resistant, can be anodized)
- thickness: 4mm
- time to produce these: around 2 weeks - CNC machining would need about a week or so and anodizing another week. Besides, this weekend is Easter here so Friday and Monday are holidays.
- jig should fit: DeWalt DW625/621; ELU MOF177; Trend T11; Bosch POF 1200; Bosch POF 1400 (same router base 1609203V53)
- jig can be drilled at home to fit other router bases - you grab piece of rice copy paper, copy the holes of your tool, center the jig and drill it. Voala.
- will be anodized as an extra (cost for machining it appeared lower than I initially posted and anodizing will make it more resistant and stronger)
- will have a scale in mm and a step of 1mm in diameter (so 0.5mm in radius)
- has extra clearance of 0.25mm: when you select to do a 182mm diameter, it will actually be 182.5mm. I have found exact fit needs grinding afterwards as speakers would fit too tightly and even a 1mm clearance is not visible.
- base bit diameter should be 16mm. If you go for a smaller one you can do smaller radiuses.

TOTAL PRICE: EUR47.68 (per jig)
EU POSTAGE: EUR11 for non-priority, tracked, uninsured
EUR18 priority, tracked, insured
SHIPPING WEIGHT: The metal sheet needed weights 5.89kg and will produce 6 of these. I believe it will be slightly less than 1kg with added packaging and protection.

PAYMENT: Bank account (you can use transferwise, really cheap there) or PayPal*

*Paypal - add a surcharge of 6% due to their fee of around 4% and the humiliating exchange rate. I would really look into it as a last option.

ORDERING PROCESS:

1.You send me a PM requesting a piece. I send you my payment details. You complete the payment adding your name in the subject field + diyaudio. In the PM please add your preferred postage address.
2. Once 6 pieces are being ordered, group buy is closed.
3. I will post updates on the progress

As there are three interested fellows from Denmark, I can combine postage and one of you can then dispatch the remaining two jigs to the others, in this way postage would be around EUR28.35 insured priority or EUR24.70 for non insured.

Last edited:
Hi Mario

The base of my Bosch POF 1400 ACE does not look like the base of the 1200

here is a picture of mine.

best regards

uwe

Thats the one I copied at bauhaus, with 5 screws. I have published a real size copy of the base, you can print it and try it on your router. The POF 1200 and 1400 share the same base, Bosch spare part is identical. I got this photo from somewhere but the ones at Bauhaus were all 5 screw base ones like yours. Printing a piece and trying it will help me a lot make sure it fits perfectly.

I have to go to Bauhaus today to buy some containers for balcony flowers so will print it and check it myself, don`t worry :)

A CORRECTION TO POSTAGE PRICES: I have overstated them...sorry. Appears I can send with a "Small packet" option where the item should not have total dimensions over 1040mm and this one won`t :)

Worldwide: EUR12 priority, EUR9 non-priority
Signed for delivery +2EUR (priority only)

Last edited:
Here's the picture of my circle guide.
In version 2 I will make it longer and like a "U" so the plate will support better.
The only thing is that without pressure it will have the wrong angle because the plate doesn't support all the way.

Simple and cheap. M4x50 hex screw cutted and TIG welded to the plate. 2 holes for the guides.

Figge

Attachments

• 20180402_193139.jpg
    20180402_193139.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 280
I can point one drawback immediately - this jig will require you to keep the router with pressure on its side to make sure cutter head is at 90 degrees. Such jig will have a tendency to make the router flip slightly. Also, the rods on about any router out there bend. I used something similar and switched to a planar jig, a very crude diy version of the one in the thread, much better. Besides that, Bosch seem to have become behemots in the diy audio community, seems every other router is a POF :)

Nisbeth, I went to the store with a real size print - it fits perfectly. There were a 1200 and 1400 next to each other, I can confirm bases are the same. I took the 1400 and tried the print on it. See for yourself (I pressed the paper a bit so the mounting holes of the router become visible) :)

Attachments

• WP_20180402_19_33_43_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180402_19_33_43_Pro_LI.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 282
  • WP_20180402_19_34_48_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180402_19_34_48_Pro_LI.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 278
  • WP_20180402_19_50_10_Pro_LI.jpg
    WP_20180402_19_50_10_Pro_LI.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.