• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

Hi Shaan, I see the BOM values for transistors are in B classification, to what range are we expecting HFE's to be and how close do they need to be matched.

Also how bad it would be if we don't use matched transistors. If I buy in 100's, not sure what will I do for with the rest of the transistors :)

Hi Kamal.

The B class ones have HFE between 250-350. Matching within 50 units is good enough, e.g. NPN 280 and PNP 330.

Matching matters only for Q1,2 and Q9,10 to some extent. All my measurements and listenings are with only Q1,2 matched. No need to buy 100s. Get double of what's needed and sort out the closest matched ones and we're good.

Hi Kamal.

The B class ones have HFE between 250-350. Matching within 50 units is good enough, e.g. NPN 280 and PNP 330.

Matching matters only for Q1,2 and Q9,10 to some extent. All my measurements and listenings are with only Q1,2 matched. No need to buy 100s. Get double of what's needed and sort out the closest matched ones and we're good.

Thanks Shaan, in that case I think I am covered with what I have at hand

GB Update:

rajesh - 2 PCBs (2 x pre-assembled modules) - PAID
vgeorge - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
gwrskien - 4 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
bambadoo - 4 PCBs - PAID
medisinmannen - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
jacques antoine - 2 PCBs - PAID
Asuslover - 2 PCBs - PAID
vasillis - 4 PCBs - PAID
fencki - 2 PCBs - PAID
meanman1964 - 2 PCBs - PAID
muthumuthiah - 2 PCBs (stereo kit) - PAID
craydive - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
ckwong99 - 8 PCBs + 3 set of MOSFETs - PAID
jls001 - 2 PCBs (2 x pre-assembled modules) - PAID
mexakin - 2 PCBs - PAID
pieter t - 2 PCBs - PAID
reaper996 - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
883bkong - 2 PCBs - PAID
emynet - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
patriz - 2 PCBs - PAID
CitizenKane - 6 PCBs - PAID
Lutto - 4 PCBs - PAID
mj777 - 2 PCBs - PAID
yoaudio - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - PAID
yoaudio - 1 PCB + 4 MOSFETs - PAID
Rick G - 2 PCBs - PAID
Master Pain - 2 PCBs (stereo kit) - PAID
waeah - 2 PCBs - PAID
solviken - 2 PCBs - PAID
kpsthakur - 2 PCBs - PAID
Kokanee - 2 PCBs + 1 set of MOSFETs - FULL PAID
OZAM - 2 PCBs - PAID

Expecting PCBs to be shipped from fab by tomorrow. Will update as soon as I get a notification.
If there is a mistake in the list then please let me know.

Thanks
shaan

Last edited:
hi Shaan,
is it possible to already get a drill plan? I could do some drilling beforehand, if I knew the measures.

And second, in your list it still states I did not pay, but I did, maybe its just an typing error, cause I did pay a month ago.
Thanks.

I hope you get along with the speaker protection quite well, this part is pretty interesting for me, sinc ei alteady fried 2 chasis of mine, when playing around with unfisnished amps :)

was looking forward to construct the ones from the sound westhost site, im curious to know what design you chose.
cheers.

Hi Mexakin.

Drill plan will be uploaded in a few hours. I have been busy figuring out shipping options for international shipments. Details in my next post.

Corrected list. Thanks for letting me know.

The protection units are similar to ESP design but is also different in some areas, will let you know as soon as tests are done.

SpeedPost cost increases:

Alright, so they are suddenly asking for 34$ for shipping to Norway!

After a small "peaceful" conversation with the post master it became clear that they recently increased SpeedPost charges for all 100 countries it covers by 45% without notice and without replacing the old tariff listing in their website page, which is PATHETIC to put it mildly.

Aftermath:

I'm dumping international SpeedPost forever.

All future shipments will be done via International Air Parcels and the cheaper Registered Post, as per GB members' choice mentioned via PM or thread post. International Air Parcel covers 213 countries total and Registered Post goes everywhere. Delivery time for the former is 15-20 days and for the latter 30-40 days as usual.

Last edited:
Lotsa laterals

Additional 40 pairs of the MOSFETs arrived today. 50 pairs from last batch in the box. Who needs some silicon? :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_214758~2.jpg
    IMG_20180214_214758~2.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 545