• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4H GB

I believe most of us would like to see a PeeCeeBee-SUB with about 500Wrms to complete the setup.
what do you say shaan ?

Hi Bharat.

While it is definitely doable but there doesn't seem to be much interest for a half-kilowatt peeceebee.

It's my feeling that both v4 and v4h are favoured primarily for their mid and HF performance in full range music material. While their very good bass performance adds substantially to the overall experience, I guess the 500W peeceebee will sound not so different or better at 250+W continuous power output when compared to a typical high-power BJT amplifier e.g. P68 when bandwidth is limited to 100Hz or lower.

Agree to your point but my point was about the lower impedance stability for typical dual coil subs 4+4 ohms
You can either go 8ohms or 2ohms. 2ohms is won't be that much stable 8ohms power would be low.
And I was not asking to bump up the v4h, I don't believe we require same quality for a sub but one with lower impedance performance. Something of a diy nature seams good value and quality compared to of self product.

Thanks

Agree to your point but my point was about the lower impedance stability for typical dual coil subs 4+4 ohms
You can either go 8ohms or 2ohms. 2ohms is won't be that much stable 8ohms power would be low.
And I was not asking to bump up the v4h, I don't believe we require same quality for a sub but one with lower impedance performance. Something of a diy nature seams good value and quality compared to of self product.

Thanks

I understand. Will update you if something starts happening. :cheers:

A better component is always more welcome, but I can't guarantee it will bring any audible benefit.

If you can get the ones you mentioned, then just get them. This amplifier runs flawlessly with non audio grade generic industrial capacitors (all auditions and measurements were done with generic caps as well), so I believe it will do the same with premium capacitors too.

Shaan, got my V4Hs in Friday. As usual, they are gorgeous boards and I’m looking forward to a fun build! I’ll be using 2x of Prasi/Project16’s CRC PSUs loaded up with 66mf/rail/channel for a dual mono setup.

One question about the BOM, is it possible to use 500v silver mica instead of the 1000v ceramics?

Thanks!
Greg

Attachments

• 7108BDE0-E071-4441-9E56-D290F92300FF.jpg
    7108BDE0-E071-4441-9E56-D290F92300FF.jpg
    895 KB · Views: 325