• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: DCT03 DC trap (filter) for toroidal transformers

Per-Anders,

I have your DCT03 that I'm planning on installing inside an aluminum enclosure along with three Fo-Felix AC conditioners. My power amp transformers do not hum or buzz.

Would it still be beneficial to include the DCT03 with my Fo-Felix.

Thanks for any advice. This is my first mains project.

Attached is a draft photo of the project.

Attachments

• Capture-1.JPG
    Capture-1.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 331
I'm making progress with my first build.
At first glance those Vishay Rectifiers look intimidating, at least to me, plus the big .050 diameter leads.

After some trial and error bending the leads around a .080 diameter nail worked pretty good giving a spacing of 15mm almost every time.
Crude but it works.

To solder them using my Hakko 888D I'm thinking 700F with Kester 44, 63/37 or 60/40. I have both in 0.5mm and 1.0mm diameters plus some liquid flux.

It must take some HEAT to solder those Rectifiers.

Attachments

• 0004.JPG
    0004.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 0001.JPG
    0001.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 305
  • 0002.JPG
    0002.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 0003.JPG
    0003.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 288
Per-Anders,

I have your DCT03 that I'm planning on installing inside an aluminum enclosure along with three Fo-Felix AC conditioners. My power amp transformers do not hum or buzz.

Would it still be beneficial to include the DCT03 with my Fo-Felix.

Thanks for any advice. This is my first mains project.

Attached is a draft photo of the project.

Not really good idea... I had the Folsom behind the DC trap... When switching on there was sometimes a spark at the Folsom PCB and only on the one behind the DC trap...
I have the DC trap only because in my amp there is a 2000va toroid..

Not really good idea... I had the Folsom behind the DC trap... When switching on there was sometimes a spark at the Folsom PCB and only on the one behind the DC trap...

Could that be before Folsom suggested to use nylon washers above and below the PCB stand-offs?

I have the Folsom's as well and have been planning on putting (2) 3 amp Comoco's and (1) 17 or 20 amp Bourns behind the DCT-03.

:confused:

Attachments

• My Enclosure-1.jpg
    My Enclosure-1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 154
Spark, that sounds not good. Has the pcb approved creapage distances? Where do you have sparks, can you show me?