• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pure Evoke/Avanti Flow - New Display Module

Displays received and one fitted, working perfectly. Thanks AJSDyno for your help.

Fitting was generally without problems following the two explanations given in the earlier thread. Two points though:

1. On my Flow the screen retainer was sealed on three sides to the radio faceplate. I removed it to enable access to the display. Any thoughts on the need and best method to re-seal it?

2. The first time I fitted the new display it did not work. The problem was that the copper shield and therefore also the guide slot were not quite central on the new display. As a result, the ribbon was slightly askew when entering the connector. Re-positioning the shield solved the problem so it's worth carefully checking the position of the guide slot when re-fitting the shield.

Displays received and one fitted, working perfectly. Thanks AJSDyno for your help.

Fitting was generally without problems following the two explanations given in the earlier thread. Two points though:

1. On my Flow the screen retainer was sealed on three sides to the radio faceplate. I removed it to enable access to the display. Any thoughts on the need and best method to re-seal it?

2. The first time I fitted the new display it did not work. The problem was that the copper shield and therefore also the guide slot were not quite central on the new display. As a result, the ribbon was slightly askew when entering the connector. Re-positioning the shield solved the problem so it's worth carefully checking the position of the guide slot when re-fitting the shield.

Glad it's working!

I don't know about resealing the screen retainer, mine was only held on with tiny screws - no sticky stuff or seal.

Good point about the connector, they don't have much latitude so need to be aligned properly to ensure a good connection.

I came across this forum while researching my very dim Avanti Flow display. It seems a shame that Pure is being less than helpful as I still use my Avanti on a daily basis.

If you have any displays left or are making another order, I would like to order one please?

Hopefully they aren't too hard to change!

I came across this forum while researching my very dim Avanti Flow display. It seems a shame that Pure is being less than helpful as I still use my Avanti on a daily basis.

If you have any displays left or are making another order, I would like to order one please?

Hopefully they aren't too hard to change!

There are some available, I have sent you a PM.

Hello AJSDyno and everyone,

Just wanted to say I received my 3 screens today - thank you so much AJSDyno.
I have just replaced one screen successfully!! Hurrah!! (will do the others another day).
I followed the step by step instructions from the original thread by OxfordDownings on p12. It is fiddly, especially the peeling of the copper backing part! But I did it - and if I can so can anyone else as long as you’re patient and take your time. It took me about 30 mins taking my time.
I have taken photos to show the steps visually incase it helps someone who is scared to attempt it. Have attached just 2 pics here 1. Note the numbers 1 and 22 in the old ribbon for orientation. The new ribbon had same numbers in same place and the 2 black clips that need to be pushed up to release the ribbon. 2. The copper backing that needs peeling off the old screen and attaching to the new. This bit needs to be done v gently! I hope pics help.
I too have now put the active and stand by settings to ‘turning off after 7 seconds’ and on the lowest brightness, so hopefully the screens will last longer. Why Pure don’t offer screen replacement service is such a shame, it really would make me so much keener to purchase their products knowing they had good customer repair service. Oh well. Thank god for sites like these!
Good luck everyone and thanks again!

Attachments

• 0FA461D6-5109-49BA-BC01-2A98132C7ED9.jpg
    0FA461D6-5109-49BA-BC01-2A98132C7ED9.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 0299AC42-B4C8-4520-91DB-8E5A81F15595.jpg
    0299AC42-B4C8-4520-91DB-8E5A81F15595.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 128
Just to add re the 2 photos above: the number 1 in first pic is not visible in that pic. (I have other pics that show the 1 on the other side of the ribbon (side of the upgoing red arrow). The downgoing arrow is showing the black clips. The 2nd pic shows the new screen with the copper backing already put on and the old screen’s ribbon removed from old screen (which also has another bit of copper backing which I also peeled off and used to stick down the folded new ribbon down onto the copper backing of the new screen in the direction of the blue arrow. The ribbon then slots through the little slot at the back you can see.
I have other pics if anyone needs for the steps but these 2 are the tricky bits.

Just to add re the 2 photos above: the number 1 in first pic is not visible in that pic. (I have other pics that show the 1 on the other side of the ribbon (side of the upgoing red arrow). The downgoing arrow is showing the black clips. The 2nd pic shows the new screen with the copper backing already put on and the old screen’s ribbon removed from old screen (which also has another bit of copper backing which I also peeled off and used to stick down the folded new ribbon down onto the copper backing of the new screen in the direction of the blue arrow. The ribbon then slots through the little slot at the back you can see.
I have other pics if anyone needs for the steps but these 2 are the tricky bits.

Great info - thanks for posting!

STOCK UPDATE 21/12/2017

Another 30 displays almost gone. (some via Ebay)

Everyone from the original list who has paid has either received their display or they are on their way (last two posted today).

There are only 2 displays remaining. If you want one, Please send me a PM before paying to ensure I still have one.

If there is further interest I'll get another batch, I may also offer a fitting service, although fitting it is quite straightforward there are some who would prefer not to risk it (a wise move!) The ribbon cable has micro tiny conductors where it joins the glass and it is easily damaged, the cable also has a microprocessor glued to it (that thin silver strip). PM me if you are interested.

Have a great X-Mas

Another 30 displays almost gone. (some via Ebay)

Everyone from the original list who has paid has either received their display or they are on their way (last two posted today).

There are only 2 displays remaining. If you want one, Please send me a PM before paying to ensure I still have one.

If there is further interest I'll get another batch, I may also offer a fitting service, although fitting it is quite straightforward there are some who would prefer not to risk it (a wise move!) The ribbon cable has micro tiny conductors where it joins the glass and it is easily damaged, the cable also has a microprocessor glued to it (that thin silver strip). PM me if you are interested.

Have a great X-Mas

If you do order another batch I’d like to put myself down for another 3 to lock away somewhere. Worried that when these eventually go, the screens may not even be made anymore and I love these radios!
Have a good Xmas too!
P.s. replaced the second radio’s screen yesterday and all working perfectly. So satisfying!