• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I am starting to ship now. There are still a few sets left if you are interested.

It sounds great and measures very well. Like a muscular Aksa Lender Preamp that can drive 8ohm loads.

661737d1518324741-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-alpha-20-2-87vrms-8ohms-fft-png

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi X,

My current daughter boards have 12k resistors in R10 to use with my MoFo amp.
I am assembling another set of DB’s to use with a tube amp that has 20db of gain on its own. Can I use 3.3K or lower in R10 to significantly lower the gain?

Vunce

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Vunce,
Yes, changing R10 to 3.3k will give you 10.4dB gain, which is in general on the low side even when driving a 20dB amp. I would go a bit higher with 3k9 for 14dB gain on the Aksa Lender pre. Here is a trick: solder R10 sticking out the back side all on its own so you can easily swap it out.
X

attachment.php

Attachments

• R10-backside.jpg
    R10-backside.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
While waiting for components to arrive for my ALPHA20 project, I assembled a set of daughter boards to lower the gain in my AKSA Lender preamp. The original set used 12K ohm resistors in R10 and worked great with my MoFo amplifier, but was too ‘hot’ for my 6L6 tube amp. I used 4.7K ohm for these daughter boards. The resistor change enables a much finer volume control.
I was able to position Q4 and Q5 so I could attach small heatsinks, they get pretty warm/hot.

Attachments

• BD8092F9-A1B8-482B-9E58-FDD70BB95C2D.jpg
    BD8092F9-A1B8-482B-9E58-FDD70BB95C2D.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 296
They are in the main (MB) schematic. Basically a power entry CLC filter, a Power On/Off switch holder, and a input/output panel with multi-input selector switch.

These are all optional should you need them. Some people like to have multiple inputs to a Preamp.

Ok, thanks. I believe you. Had one look at the schematic then immediately closed it again. :eek:

Do I need it? When to use the CLC filter for example?

Last edited: