• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hand solder the electrolytic caps after you’ve completed hotplate/hot air phase. Those elco’s block the air from the low profile components and sometimes the plastic base can melt if your not familiar with heating times.

That tiny diode is killer!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Vunce,
I was also wondering about how the caps were handled by hot air. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully that tiny diode will be nice to me. I bit the bullet and ordered up some 10K ohm 0805 size for R2, rather than trying to fit a 0603 across the pads (see post 617).
Thanks all for the help.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X,
I made a mistake on my BOM for the 0805/1206 DB's. I only ordered the 10K ohm 1206 size for R10, and forgot about R2.
R2 needs to be 10K ohm 0805 size and 1/8W. I have some 10K ohm 0603 size and 1/10W that I ordered for the PDM board. I think I can make it just fit on the DB pads. Is it OK to use it, as it is a little less wattage?
Thanks,
MM
This is fine. That 10k doesn’t dissipate any heat. The 0805 size was more for ease of installation.