• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Not the same part. If you look at the table on the datasheet, -0 is 10pins. You need 8pins. Try Arrow or Digikey or Element14/Newark.

Someone in forum may have a spare to give you?

They are tricky. I bought like 3 incorrect ones before I was able to get the right one. Nice part but a million variations.

RK09 is Alps not Bourns. You can pick 10k to 50k linear or log. Just make sure it’s double gang and same pin footprint. If all fails, pick any panel dual gang pot to your liking (Blue velvet, or stepped attenuator etc)and use flying leads from PCB.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I've just finished building this preamp using DN2535N5 instead of DN2540N5. I have a dumb question, sorry.

Using a 24V - 1.5A SMPS I can only get about 12Vp-p output before i get clipping. I tried a 36V - 4.4A SMPS and can get higher but not the 40Vp-p. Using my bench supply with the dual outputs in series (about 60VDC - but not sure of amps) I can get only about 20Vp-p. I've built using the standard BOM from this thread. Is this just a matter of finding the right PSU (possibly a linear one) or is something else amiss? Thanks.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This preamp was designed to work with 48v Vcc so about 52v upstream of the cap multiplier and CRC supply to account for drop out. What I use is a DCDC step up supply powered by a 12v 1A linear Class 2 wall wart. The 12v is boosted to 52v or so with the trim pot. Measure the voltage at the drain of the mosfet and adjust trimpot until it reads about 48v. The circuit DC setpoints was not optimized for 24v or 36v. It can work there but you won’t get anywhere close to 40Vpp output.

Here is the DCDC boost unit I used (silver heatsinks in background):
1661019394512.jpeg

I have also used this style with good success.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3837304406...Y9mcKZ3Rq-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi X, what is the model of the DC-DC boost module in the picture in above post. I am thinking it might be a good module to have in inventory. If I recall correctly, you have used this boost in a few other projects, correct?

I like the look of the dual heatsinks.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X, what is the model of the DC-DC boost module in the picture in above post. I am thinking it might be a good module to have in inventory. If I recall correctly, you have used this boost in a few other projects, correct?

I like the look of the dual heatsinks.
It’s similar to this:
US $3.54 20% Off | DC 400W 15A Step-up Boost Converter Constant Current Power Supply LED Driver 8.5-50V to 10-60V Voltage Charger Step Up Module
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0Tgt7W