• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Transistors out of stock?

Hi X
Just lurked around in your store and saw that the matched bd560 are out of stock...
Will you restock them?
I am finishing a dcb1, and will need a fine pre for the f4 wich is next in the line... (so it will take quite some time before I get to a preamp, but—I‘m „scouting“(?)

Thank you
David

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
So to clarify, if anyone in Australia is interested in getting an Aksa Lender boardset with TH daughter boards, a set is already in Australia and I can arrange for purchase at same cost $45 plus cost of shipping domestically within Australia. That would probably save some time and cost vs shipping a set the US. I don’t know what domestic postage for a 5oz package is in Australia, but probably less than the typical $24 cost to ship from US.

Background on this: a member here on DIYA ordered a board set and it never arrived after 60days of waiting. I sent a replacement board set free of charge and that arrived like in 2 weeks or so. After about 3 months in mail limbo, the lost package arrives. The member could have just kept it but he graciously offered to send it domestically to someone else in Australia who would like one.

Last edited:
I'm no expert about these things, so I hope this question is not too stupid.

The BOM cites the TKD 2CP601-10K as the pot of choice.

I'd like to use the Allo ladder style of pot with switched resistors.

Can someone confirm that would be the 10K version?

If a DACT CT-2 ( serial resistance ) were used, that would be a 20K version?

Hi X,

Can you check, the schematic on post No 1 may not work as shown. IMHO, the base of the MOSFET needs to be biased from the positive rail, OR a p-type mosfet has to be used to make the circuit work. That's what Eagle simulation throws up.

I guess you must have made the appropriate change on your PCB. Can you please update the schematic also.

Thanks.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Sanjeev,
This circuit is fully tested and has been built by dozens (maybe more, I have lost track) of people and it works as designed.

On the main board the first MOSFET cap multiplier is based on the design I got from Juma’s cap multiplier. There is only a positive rail as this is a single rail SE Class A design.

Schematic in Post 1 at top shows the BSP129 depletion mode MOSFET:
644601d1510165924-aksas-lender-preamp-40vpp-output-lender-preamp-aksa-schematic-v5-png

The production schematic in Post 1 is a depletion mode DN2540 MOSFET. It works opposite of an enhancement mode N-channel. Did you use a depletion mode like DN2540?

Here is production schematic for TH daughterboards:
649512d1512425408-aksas-lender-preamp-40vpp-ouput-gb-jps64-aksa-lender-preamp-th-daughterboard-schematic-png

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I'm going to buy parts tonight (I hope) for a through hole version.

I see the spreadsheet AKSA-LENDER-X-MB_PL_04_01_2018 is not up to date.

As far as I can tell, there are three items that are different

1) Is 1N4001 good enough to replace V141 78-1N5250B ? or is 1N4002 better?
2) Is MPSA92 a good Sub for the now obsolete BC550C?
3) R141 should be 10K with same dissipation as the 220R in the BOM?

I want to fill the box I got for this project! Please let me know.

THANK YOU!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Cool to see more people building this preamp.

I don’t think there is a BC550 (that’s a NPN). There is a BC560 (PNP) on the LTP. The KSA992 is ideal but you will need to cross the legs to get it to work. You can also use 2N5401 and flip orientation 180deg. MPSA92 is a HV transistor. It’s not designed for small signals as gain is pretty low with Hfe only 25.

On the diode, it’s 1N400x, any will do. Even 1N4148 can work as it’s there to protect the MOSFET. Just make sure it’s not a zener. The R141 is usual 1/4w even 1/8w would work - same as 220R. Not much current t flowing here as this is the control side of the cap multiplier.

Last edited: