• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Hi ckwong99, Bob Lee, Kokanee and others,

I have received several PM for additional PCB, but all are gone and as I have said this was the second and last Group Buy :mad:

More than 200 PCB were produced and sold :) I didn't expect such a demand, I have made a second batch for those who missed the first one and we had more demand in this GB2, 122 PCB instead of 80 !

I will probably try to build a different amplifier in the future (with auto-bias) therefor you will have another possibility to buy my PCB...

Best regards,
Marc

Hi Tubes Lovers,

Now most people should have received the EL34 Baby Huey PCB, still 9 buyers didn't confirm that they have received the boards, but most buyers did confirm and like the PCB :)

Updated list :

medisinmannen 2 PCB Boards received
borys 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
reaper996 4 PCB Boards received
ilorev 2 PCB Boards received
mkm 2 PCB Boards received
papavienneau 8 PCB Boards received
gwrskien 2 PCB Boards received
jcastellano 2 PCB Boards received
pchw 4 PCB Boards received
jacques 4 PCB Boards received
jammer55 6 PCB Boards received
TS Lo 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
hallodeletue 4 PCB Boards received
skippyboy 2 PCB Boards received
jwjarch 4 PCB Boards received
ft0601 4 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
fbjohn 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
gemby 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
handwound 4 PCB Boards received
crispycircuit 2 PCB Boards received
morbidity 4 PCB Boards received
brettlb 4 PCB Boards received
geladk 4 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
hobby matters 2 PCB IBAN payment paid
drpro 2 PCB Boards receivedd
collux 4 PCB Boards received
givemehifi 4 PCB Boards received
jethroTull 2 PCB Boards received
joshvi 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
meanman 2 PCB Boards received
pvphil 2 PCB Boards received
press57 2 PCB Boards received
nikosokey 2 PCB PayPal invoice sent and paid
rsheptak 2 PCB Boards received
mctavish 4 PCB Boards received
bekim 2 PCB Boards received
vega65 2 PCB Boards received
jpr_pt 2 PCB Boards received
potepuh 2 PCB Boards received
skryba 2 PCB Boards received
spaceistheplace 4 PCB Boards received

Now it is time to build the amplifier and to send the pictures :D

If you have any question during the assembly, please post them on the Baby Huey thread : EL84 Amp - Baby Huey

"Avec mes amicales salutations,"
Marc

Boards Received

Hi Marc,
I received the boards and they are excellent. Thank you.

However, it was a build for a family member who has just told me that he doesn't want it. No problem, but it means I have a pair of boards and almost all resistors, almost all caps and all transistors as per your BOM from Mouser. Plus the Octal sockets.

If anyone is interested on taking these off me at cost + postage, please PM me.

Cheers
John

Last update

Hi Tubes Lovers,

Now most people should have received the EL34 Baby Huey PCB, still 7 buyers didn't confirm that they have received the boards :mad: , but most buyers did confirm and like the PCB :D

Last update :

medisinmannen 2 PCB Boards received
borys 2 PCB ?
reaper996 4 PCB Boards received
ilorev 2 PCB Boards received
mkm 2 PCB Boards received
papavienneau 8 PCB Boards received
gwrskien 2 PCB Boards received
jcastellano 2 PCB Boards received
pchw 4 PCB Boards received
jacques 4 PCB Boards received
jammer55 6 PCB Boards received
TS Lo 2 PCB Boards received
hallodeletue 4 PCB Boards received
skippyboy 2 PCB Boards received
jwjarch 4 PCB Boards received
ft0601 4 PCB ?
fbjohn 2 PCB Boards received
gemby 2 PCB ?
handwound 4 PCB Boards received
crispycircuit 2 PCB Boards received
morbidity 4 PCB Boards received
brettlb 4 PCB Boards received
geladk 4 PCB ?
hobby matters 2 PCB ?
drpro 2 PCB Boards receivedd
collux 4 PCB Boards received
givemehifi 4 PCB Boards received
jethroTull 2 PCB Boards received
joshvi 2 PCB ?
meanman 2 PCB Boards received
pvphil 2 PCB Boards received
press57 2 PCB Boards received
nikosokey 2 PCB ?
rsheptak 2 PCB Boards received
mctavish 4 PCB Boards received
bekim 2 PCB Boards received
vega65 2 PCB Boards received
jpr_pt 2 PCB Boards received
potepuh 2 PCB Boards received
skryba 2 PCB Boards received
spaceistheplace 4 PCB Boards received

Now it is time to build the amplifier and to send the pictures :)

If you have any question during the assembly, please post them on the Baby Huey thread : EL84 Amp - Baby Huey

Cheers,
Marc

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Marc,

I received the boards and parts that I bought from fbjohn. I thank you for organizing this GB and all the design work you have accomplished. It will be some time until I can build, as I am in process of building a new house the year.

Regards,

Myles

Hello,

As there is still a regular demand for the EL34 Baby Huey PCB which is being built in a lot of different tubes versions and since I have said that I could not make more GB, I have found a solution that may please future builders...

Having been very happy with the CRC Power Supply board that I have bought from " prasi " last year, I asked him if he would accept to offer the EL34 Baby Huey PCB for future GB and he kindly accepted :)

Therefor, if you are still interested and if there is enough volume prasi will be nice enough to take care of the next GB, he will indicate the price soon and I am pretty sure that it will be the same or even lower than the previous GB, since it will be produced in Asia and not in Europe :D

Long life to the EL34 Baby Huey PCB...

Best regards,
Marc

Hello,

As there is still a regular demand for the EL34 Baby Huey PCB which is being built in a lot of different tubes versions and since I have said that I could not make more GB, I have found a solution that may please future builders...

Having been very happy with the CRC Power Supply board that I have bought from " prasi " last year, I asked him if he would accept to offer the EL34 Baby Huey PCB for future GB and he kindly accepted :)

Therefor, if you are still interested and if there is enough volume prasi will be nice enough to take care of the next GB, he will indicate the price soon and I am pretty sure that it will be the same or even lower than the previous GB, since it will be produced in Asia and not in Europe :D

Long life to the EL34 Baby Huey PCB...

Best regards,
Marc

Thanks Marc,
Very kind of you to have given me the opportunity and glad to help out.
I will get a price estimate for the PCBs with following specs. I am thinking a minimum of 100 qty to keep the prices to the indicated level as below.

Option 1 :2.4 mm thick FR-4, green mask, HASL, white silk. Let me have some opinions from those interested in getting the PCBs. with these specs, we can keep the cost to around 5-6USD per piece.

Option 2: 1.6mm thick , green mask, ENIG with white silk will be quite a bit costly here, probably due to the fact that Indians love hoarding gold and not give away any!:D, so ENIG might go upwards of 10 USD.

Option 3: 2.4 mm thick FR-4, green mask, ENIG, white silk. Will be super costly, may be around 15 or more.

I will let it be known here, the pricing for each of the options. One that gets most counts/ votes, will be the winner.

Shipping and paypal would be additional and will depend upon location and qty of PCBs requested.

For making any GB and for convenience, it is always best to start with a list.

e.g. prasi 2 PCBs (preference option1)
So request those interested to make list as above with preferred option and we can take it further.

Regards
prasi