• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Hi,

The Group Buy is now closed, here is the final list:

silvercosworth 6 OK
rongon 2 OK
scd 2 OK
leejh 6 OK
manniraj 2 OK
carrier bag man 2 OK
matejsirk 6 OK
rene 6 OK
sigfire 2 OK
fabian85 2 OK
rpeter 2 OK
abszero 4 Please send email address
sylvain 2 OK
acccruz 2 OK
big cheese 2 OK
potepuh 2 OK
lucylu 2 OK
zman01 2 OK
cambe 2 Please send email and post address
tomlang 2 Please send email and post address

Total 58 boards !

An email will be sent soon to all of you. If you don't receive it today, I could have made a typing error, please let me know by PM...

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Dieter,

You are right, I didn't put your name, my mistake :confused: But you didn't send your email and post address by PM, your mistake:)

Please do it ASAP, therefor I can still add your name for two boards, that will be the last ones for a batch of 60 if nobody cancel its reservation...

Rgds,
Marc

Hello,

A second email has been sent today and normally nobody is missing:)

If you had registered to this GB and you did not receive the mail let me know in case I still forgot someone... When the payments will be done, I will tell you if there is some spare boards if there is request in waiting list ?

I will send Assembly instructions pages & BOM by mail to limit shipment work...

Cheers,
Marc

Hi,

It seem that we have received all the payments for the 66 boards, therefor I will give the instruction to EuroCircuits to produce 70 PCB's...

Please rock4016 send me your mail and postal address by PM and i will add your name to the GB since we will have 4 spare boards, even if nobody cancelled :)
This Group Buy was a new experience for me, it was time consuming, but I have been very happy by the friendly mails that I received supporting me and accepting my English not always very academic :D
Now, during the PCB manufacturing, I will make some documentation to help those without experience to build their amplifier easily, but from the comments I have received it seem that most fan of diyaudio have a good knowledge about vacuum tube amplifier!

If you have any question that could interest the Group, please feel free to ask me on the technical forum : EL84 Amp - Baby Huey , I will do my best to give an answer if I can, but others members could be also very helpful :)

Best regards,
Marc

Hi rock4016,

If you want two boards, this is possible because i ordered 80 PCB's to give satisfaction to all late requests (at list up to 80 pieces...). Please send your mail and post address by PM.

Hi Laurens,

I am sure that you will like the Baby Huey tube sound, I discovered tube amplifier about 20 years ago after I bought a Jolida JD 502B amplifier to drive very nice Alon Petites speakers :)
Since that time I have built or repaired several tube amplifiers (including an Audio Research D51 and a Golden Tube SI 50) for the fun, but the Baby Huey impress me the most, that's why after I tested the ECL86 / PCL86 version, I made the EL84 version, but the most rewarding one is the EL34 version which can be tested with plenty of octal output tubes.
I will try to assist you in this project as well as I can, I think you have already received the "Building recommendation guide" where you have all information to build, to turn on the amplifier for the first time and to adjust the bias and the differential amplifier. Below you will find two images regarding connexion and adjustment of the amplifier.

Best regards,
Marc

Attachments

• Connecting the Amplifier 3 oct 2017.pdf
    129.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Adjusting the Amplifier 3 oct 2017.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 260
Hi everybody,

Now that the PCB production is started, I would like to summarize to be sure I have not forgotten someone ?

silvercosworth 6
rongon 2
scd 2
leejh 6
manniraj 2
carrier bag man 2
matejsirk 6
rene 6
sigfire 2
fabian85 2
rpeter 2
sylvain 2
acccruz 2
big cheese 2
potepuh 2
lucylu 2
zman01 2
cambe 2
tomlang 2
dieterk 2
overtheairbroadcast 2
faa 4
abszero 4

Sorry, I had a powerfail and for some reasons the post was published before I finished it :mad:

Therefor, I finish the list with the new request :

lordoff 2 PayPal invoice paid
rock4016 2 please send email and post address
zum911 2 please send email and post address
mituisho 2 PayPal invoice sent
Lutto 2 PayPal invoice sent
Kroma 2 PayPal invoice sent
samsie 2 please send email and post address

Total 66 + 14 = 80

There is no more board available, sorry

Thanks a lot for your participation, I have learned a lot during this experience but it was quite time consuming... And it is not finished, I will have to ship everywhere in the World !

OK this time I can publish the post myself :)

Cheers,
Marc