• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group buy: SSR03 Super Regulator Power Supply Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you look at the pictures at post 167 and 179, there you have the answer. The outline of the part is not maybe optimal in clearness but since you both have schematics, pcb layout and on top of that a double sided board it's possible to figure out the correct placement.

If you look in the schematics you'll see that the LED is twisted 180 degrees compared to the normal zener diode. I use the LED as a 1.6 V zener.

THANK YOU!
Now I get +-5V
It was the DZx LED.

plugged 10ohm / 10W load restisors to emulat 500mA@5V
I measure 3,26V instead of 5V
During the load test the DZx LED didn't show any light

The current limitation must be set to cover your needs. R47 and R48 must be tuned. 0.65/I = R
In general: To use a second resistor at R47+48 I can use the R49+50 pads?

Last edited:
The current limitation must be set to cover your needs. R47 and R48 must be tuned. 0.65/I = R

350 mA = 1.8 ohm

If you solder 12 ohms in parallel, then you will have 1.8 ohms. You can remove the 2.2 ohm and replace it with 1.8 ohm but the risk is that you will damage the pcb.

According to the formular I have to use:
1,3ohm for 500mA@5V
1,625ohm for 400mA@17V
2,6Ohm for 250mA@15V; this is fine with the orig. configuration of 2,2ohm.

you mean 12 ohm parallel to the existing 2,2 ohm ;-)
then R49+50:
3,3ohm to get 490mA@5V
6,8ohm to get 390mA@17V
right?

Last edited:
66% is done
I soldered 6,8ohm resistors at R49+50 paralell to the existing 2,2ohm at R47+48
both 17V-SSR03 measured 2x 17V with installed load resistors ;-)

the 5V SSR03 seams to be more complicate..
I soldered 3,3ohm resistors at R49+50 paralell to the existing 2,2ohm at R47+48
the results at X3 are -3,76V +3,9V with installed 10ohm/ 10W load resistors
During the load test all LED just flashes a short time
the results at X3 are +-5V without installed load resistors
During this test all LED are on

Last edited:
Don not get it wrong. The 10V findings are now a few weeks too late. I was afraid of that during the last few days.... Before I ordered this individuall made transformer, I asked you about it. You said 9V are OK. Well, it's 8.5V now...
The resistances, as they are given, certainly have a meaning? Is shorting all resistors to get a result? Or are the parts on the place not this important?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.