• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Distinction-1541 v2 complete PCB interest list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

Please leave your name and amount of PCBs you require, eg "ryanj x 1" Please cut and paste the list before adding your name.

If there is enough interest this will enable me to order bulk parts thus reduce my cost and offer the complete PCB for the lowest price possible.

Photos attached are for viewing purposes as the PCB is an earlier prototype.

TDA1451A Chip is not included.

Regards,

Ryan

Order form:
Distinction-1541 v2 Populated PCB

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    965.4 KB · Views: 1,573
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 1,504
Last edited:
Hi Ryan
Great that your selling stuffed boards. Slightly OT question,
are you also working on a receiver board to compliment
this or would you recommend a board like something from
Pedja. Also regards to i/v conversion, what would you
recommend to get the best out of your board ?

Thanks

Hi Ryan
Great that your selling stuffed boards. Slightly OT question,
are you also working on a receiver board to compliment
this or would you recommend a board like something from
Pedja. Also regards to i/v conversion, what would you
recommend to get the best out of your board ?

Thanks

Hi Sumotan,

Not working on a receiver PCB - That's in the too hard basket :confused:. I couldn't really recommend Pedjas USB to PCM PCB because I haven't heard it, but it definitely looks like a nice convenient package. The only thing that I dislike about his new PCB is no option to add your own clock. Other than that I think it looks great.

I would definitely recommend trying out a SEN/CEN with some batteries. Currently doing a PCB layout for a SEN pcb with -2mA CCS and shunt regs on board. I've been listening to a breadboarded shunt reg with the CEN circuit for a while now with transformers as a power source and its sounding very good. The only real issue I had was breaking a ground loop through primary to secondary capacitance of the transformer, and also using the opto isolators on the WaveIO helped break the loop. Toroidal transformers are a big no no. I'm using some E core at the moment but going to get some R core with electrostatic shielding and see how they perform.

Ryan

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Ryan. Not that Im siding Pedja
but we're speaking of one of the very few Gurus out
there who knows so much more about the 1541 dac.
Im sure that his interface will work just as well.
Maybe you should try out his interface & give us your
opinion. Im sure buyers of your stuff board would
also be seeking for your advice as they start you
piece the dac together

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Ryan. Not that Im siding Pedja
but we're speaking of one of the very few Gurus out
there who knows so much more about the 1541 dac.
Im sure that his interface will work just as well.
Maybe you should try out his interface & give us your
opinion. Im sure buyers of your stuff board would
also be seeking for your advice as they start you
piece the dac together

Cheers

Yes your right. I was considering getting one to try out. Ill look into it further.

Ryan

Linear Audio Silent Switcher as a PSU for TDA 1541A

HI GENTS,

I see now Mr. Jan Diddens has kindly made available his Linear Audio Silent Switcher switcher PSU now available in the DIY Audio store, stock it gives +/-15v and +5v @150Ma according to the data supplied.

Could this be modified to give -15v/ and +/- 5v to power the TAD1541A board in this thread or (any TAD1541A for that matter? )..- is it just a question of changing the-15v to -5v (say via a resistor) to get this?

I have a very small CD player based on a Phillips pro 2 and this PCB is just the size to fit in the case along with Ryans PCB, any dears, this is the smallest combo i can think of..fantastic if it would work?:D...how would it sound?

Best regards
Johnny

Last edited:
HI GENTS,

I see now Mr. Jan Diddens has kindly made available his Linear Audio Silent Switcher switcher PSU now available in the DIY Audio store, stock it gives +/-15v and +5v @150Ma according to the data supplied.

Could this be modified to give -15v/ and +/- 5v to power the TAD1541A board in this thread or (any TAD1541A for that matter? )..- is it just a question of changing the-15v to -5v (say via a resistor) to get this?

I have a very small CD player based on a Phillips pro 2 and this PCB is just the size to fit in the case along with Ryans PCB, any dears, this is the smallest combo i can think of..fantastic if it would work?:D...how would it sound?

Best regards
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

I wouldn't normally recommend a switching PSU, although if Jan Didden designed it, it is most likely to be of the utmost quality.

BUT!

There is no way of using separate supplies for the D2 PCB, as it has a completely different PSU topology, all 3 supplies (-15,-5,+5) are all stringed together and are powered by one single FLOATING 26V supply. Please have a look at the schematics here.

All you will need is a pre filtered and pre regulated supply.

This is likely all you may need to get started, although I haven't tried it yet as I am still running of SLA batteries:

Eg: Transformer (R core or E core) with electrostatic shielding if you can, diode bridge, CRC filtering/cap multiplier.

The PCB you mentioned could be used with other CD player PCBs, or the D1 PCB.

Regards,

Ryan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.