• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Distinction-1541 v2 complete PCB interest list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Ryan,

Is it possible to participate in this GB but just for parts only (without board and TD1541 chip)?

Thx

Hi Ferry,

I've just run the numbers and it won't work out cheaper for me to do a group buy on parts alone. Once postage, packaging, labeling, etc is taken into account it actually works out more expensive, and I didn't include any cost for time spent on sorting and packaging, etc...

It will cost less for you to buy the parts direct.

Sorry guys! It won't make economic sense for either party involved.

Ryan

Hi Ferry,

I've just run the numbers and it won't work out cheaper for me to do a group buy on parts alone. Once postage, packaging, labeling, etc is taken into account it actually works out more expensive, and I didn't include any cost for time spent on sorting and packaging, etc...

It will cost less for you to buy the parts direct.

Sorry guys! It won't make economic sense for either party involved.

Ryan

Ok Ryan... thanks for the info. I'll remove my name on the list.

Hi Ryan
What's the magic number of boards to press the go button on this?
I could be tempted to +1. Think I read on your development thread for this that it is possible to use two boards to make dual differential DAC?
C

Hi sthcoaster,

Originally I was thinking 10, but I may get the ball rolling sooner.

If using Ianscanadas i2s to pcm pcb and using the inverted data outputs along with the extra CLK, and LLLR outputs on the back of his pcb, yes, it does look like it will work to your requirements.

Ryan

Hi guys,
So far I have 6 orders for populated printed circuit boards. I'll stop accepting new orders when it reaches 10 orders and then concentrate on fabricating. After I finish sending out all 10 boards depending on how I go I'll reopen the order form and start accepting more orders.

Ryan.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.