Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Distinction-1541 v2 complete PCB interest list
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2017, 07:40 PM   #41
new2hifi is offline new2hifi  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll take VenusFly seat.

I am confused at the input selection. Where can I get USB to Simultaneous board?
Old 12th October 2017, 07:55 PM   #42
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2hifi View Post
I'll take VenusFly seat.

I am confused at the input selection. Where can I get USB to Simultaneous board?
I need one too..
Old 12th October 2017, 08:46 PM   #43
ryanj is offline ryanj  Australia
EE Hack
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,
Check this out.
pedjas USB to simultaneous converter.

Or you could use Ian Canada's i2s to pcm converter.

Ryan
Old 21st October 2017, 09:57 AM   #44
EE Hack
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjazz View Post
Cannot use a standar linear power supply?
Yes you could, just make sure its outputs are floating. Low noise is also a desirable specification.
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:30 AM   #45
new2hifi is offline new2hifi  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post
Hi Guys,

A few people have messaged me with queries about how to power the 26V floating supply.......
Ryan
I am little confused. I have never used a floating supply before.

What if I use a bipolar supply of +V, 0, -V DC to make floating power supply? Iíll set it for +13, 0, -13 VDC operation and will use +13 and -13 without using the 0 common ground. This way between +13VDC and -13VDC, Iíll get 26VDC floating. Is it safe this way?
Old 22nd October 2017, 06:30 AM   #46
Jjazz is offline Jjazz  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thank you so much Ryan.

I am clear that linear sources of low noise are necessary. My idea is to buy adjustable linear power sources and adjust them to the necessary voltage. But I would need to know how many amps are needed for each source to decide for the best.

I understand that two linear sources are needed, one of x and one of x. What I do not understand is what the & nbsp; of the outputs of 26v and 8v.

I have read the thread of the pcb several times to understand it but I have come to the conclusion that I am not very ready for this and that my lousy English does not help at all.

Thank you very much for your patience.

If at the end I get everything working well you will have a bottle of good Spanish wine in your house, it's a promise :-)

Best regards.
Old 22nd October 2017, 06:45 AM   #47
EE Hack
diyAudio Member

Hi Gents,

To test if a PSU is floating or not:

Fount at : measurement - How to check if a DC power supply is a floating source? - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange

Connect a pair of identical resistors in series and connect the free leads of the resistors to the power supply output terminals. Connect the middle connection of the series resistors to earth ground.

Measure the voltage across each of the series resistors. The voltage should be identical across each resistor.

Pick the resistor value such that you get about 100mW dissipation in each of the resistors.
Old 22nd October 2017, 06:53 AM   #48
EE Hack
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjazz View Post
Thank you so much Ryan.

I am clear that linear sources of low noise are necessary. My idea is to buy adjustable linear power sources and adjust them to the necessary voltage. But I would need to know how many amps are needed for each source to decide for the best.

I understand that two linear sources are needed, one of x and one of x. What I do not understand is what the & nbsp; of the outputs of 26v and 8v.

I have read the thread of the pcb several times to understand it but I have come to the conclusion that I am not very ready for this and that my lousy English does not help at all.

Thank you very much for your patience.

If at the end I get everything working well you will have a bottle of good Spanish wine in your house, it's a promise :-)

Best regards.
I appreciate the sentiment. =)

The 8V supply draws 45mA

the 26V supply draws 135mA

What do you mean by "What I do not understand is what the & nbsp; of the outputs of 26v and 8v."
Old 22nd October 2017, 07:04 AM   #49
EE Hack
diyAudio Member

I'm not 100% sure how that would work, depends on the topology. Just test it with dummy loads (around 200 ohms 5W). And also test if floating using the above method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2hifi View Post
I am little confused. I have never used a floating supply before.

What if I use a bipolar supply of +V, 0, -V DC to make floating power supply? Iíll set it for +13, 0, -13 VDC operation and will use +13 and -13 without using the 0 common ground. This way between +13VDC and -13VDC, Iíll get 26VDC floating. Is it safe this way?
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:11 AM   #50
Jjazz is offline Jjazz  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post

What do you mean by "What I do not understand is what the & nbsp; of the outputs of 26v and 8v."
Sorry, I wrote that very early and with a little hangover from that Spanish wine hahaha.

Also I was wrong. I wanted to know what the -15 V out and -5v out function is. now I apologize for the mistake (in the end I will have to send a box of wine bottles).

Many thanks Ryan.

Jorge

Distinction-1541 v2 complete PCB interest listHide this!Advertise here!