• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom DIY7297 Amp & Antipole PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is more storage on the amp PCB now with newly spec'd 560uf caps. But you'll still hit a wall where some tone will be lost if you don't have very efficient speakers. You simply cannot fill the amp caps up fast enough if you have a sizeable demand of current to the speakers.

You've got an SMPS on one side as a infinite reservoir, then you've got a high quality 6720uf reservoir on the other side. The issue is you've got a small reservoir between them that won't provide the current needed. The ripple current of a 1500uf cap is less than 2A (the cap multiplier might hit a full 2A), where as you need ~4A for the amp's full ability.

Trust me, I've used both a infinite and limited cap multiplier. The infinite sounds better. In fact using a limited one was first. The improvements were clear, but it got a lot better when advancing into the infinite!

What I could do if there was some huge demand for less power is calculate some new values for the KMR section to lower the voltage regulation.

The 175va Hammond transformer will work, but you could also use a 250va toroid.

You could go with 10kuf caps to use one Antipole. But I think general consenus is you get some improvements by keeping things seperate. Many may say two transformers is better, but its a question of budget and space too.

So if you use two Antipoles, you could use the 185G36 Hammond, and run an Antipole of off each output since it has dual secondaries. The same goes for a Toroid with dual secondaries as opposed to a center tap unit where you would skip the center tap and run both Antipoles on the same output that is across the whole transformer (at the right voltage).

i received the boards and everything is fine. just need a bit help.
is the 863-D45VH10G instead of D45 definitive and good quality or in the future i have to buy the d45 in future?
another thing about the transformer:
i´m in europe so i need a 220v primary.
is it ok to buy with this specs??
220 volts primary 16v secondary and 130va 8.1 amps?
should i buy el or toroid type or other??

thank you very much

Whatever one is in the BOM is good, for D45s.

The transformer in BOM will work on euro voltages when wired for them. But you can always use a 16-18v toroid if you wish.

I prefer the dual bobbin because they block more RF, but you have to isolate them a little because they hum more.

Whatever one is in the BOM is good, for D45s.

The transformer in BOM will work on euro voltages when wired for them. But you can always use a 16-18v toroid if you wish.

I prefer the dual bobbin because they block more RF, but you have to isolate them a little because they hum more.

the boom has D45H11G but is out of stock on mouser etc...
is there a better part for the replace of D45H11G Bipolar Transistors - BJT 10A 80V 50W PNP ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.