Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2017, 08:10 AM   #101
jcga is offline jcga  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorien,
I have a WaveIO and a BlueWave from you. I would like to upgrade oscillators with the new one. Could you add me on the list please ?
Thanks
JC

Last edited by jcga; 16th October 2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 16th October 2017, 10:37 PM   #102
M_Balou is offline M_Balou  Europe
diyAudio Member

NZ2520SDA Group buy (for 45.1584 MHz and 49.152 MHz):

1. Lorien - 10 pairs
2. M_Baou - 1 pair
Old 16th October 2017, 11:41 PM   #103
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
Old guy with soldering iron
diyAudio Member

Received, thanks.

BTW, for those who are replacing larger oscillators and not using adaptor boards (I did one this size last year), here are some tips:
  • Use a VERY SMALL tipped soldering iron. NOT a gun, NOT a fat-tipped iron.
  • Put some masking tape, sticky-side up on the work bench, then tape the ends of that tape down to the bench. Stick the oscillator to the exposed sticky part, contacts facing up. Don't let it get loose, it can be very difficult to find it if it goes flying!
  • find some very fine wires (such as you might find in a multistranded wire inside some earphone cables). Pull out a single strand about 5mm long with tweezers, and pre-tin one end with solder. This wire can not be too thin!
  • Tack solder the pre-tinned wire to the contact on the bottom of the oscillator. Repeat for the other contacts of the oscillator
  • Then carefully pull the package off the tape and drop it onto its final location
  • Use tweezers to drag the fine wires to the connection pads and quickly solder them down. Don't worry about length or routing, they are too short to worry about
Old 17th October 2017, 08:27 AM   #104
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ jcga: yes, it can be done! You have PM.
@ bwaslo: Got it! Thank you!

Last edited by Lorien; 17th October 2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 17th October 2017, 10:22 AM   #105
jptz is offline jptz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Oscillators arrived!

Thanks Lorien
Old 17th October 2017, 11:06 AM   #106
Joseph K is offline Joseph K  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Dear Lorien,

Also we have received our oscillators, very good!

Thanks for Your efforts! George
Old 17th October 2017, 12:33 PM   #107
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
Received, thanks.

BTW, for those who are replacing larger oscillators and not using adaptor boards (I did one this size last year), here are some tips:
  • Use a VERY SMALL tipped soldering iron. NOT a gun, NOT a fat-tipped iron.
  • Put some masking tape, sticky-side up on the work bench, then tape the ends of that tape down to the bench. Stick the oscillator to the exposed sticky part, contacts facing up. Don't let it get loose, it can be very difficult to find it if it goes flying!
  • find some very fine wires (such as you might find in a multistranded wire inside some earphone cables). Pull out a single strand about 5mm long with tweezers, and pre-tin one end with solder. This wire can not be too thin!
  • Tack solder the pre-tinned wire to the contact on the bottom of the oscillator. Repeat for the other contacts of the oscillator
  • Then carefully pull the package off the tape and drop it onto its final location
  • Use tweezers to drag the fine wires to the connection pads and quickly solder them down. Don't worry about length or routing, they are too short to worry about
thatīs exactly what did but when i tried to solder on the pcb pads.. with the heat dissolder on the clock pads...
Old 17th October 2017, 07:04 PM   #108
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
Old guy with soldering iron
diyAudio Member

Here are some (crummy, cell phone) pictures of the process. One of the pads had a big blob on it when I attached a wire, I left it -- there are no extra points given for prettiness here, get the wires securely attached, and leave them that way.
NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy-osc-ready-jpg

Here is it is installed. This is in a Mini-DSP 2x4HD (a 24.576MHz oscillator).
By The Way -- the pic shows it installed backwards! I took the photo before I realized that and then had to pull the leads up and turn the part around. Forgot to take another picture after that. So if you're doing a 2x4HD, make sure the oscillator is rotated 180degree relative to this photo!
NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy-oscmounted-jpg
Tack-solder FAST, don't linger on the pads.

Much of of the goo shown in the second photo is from removing the old oscillator. A trick to doing that is to melt and flow solder on all 4 terminals of the old part. Add enough solder to get more mass to hold heat and help you get good contact with the iron on all pins (don't worry if they short together until you get the part off). Keep moving the soldering iron from pin to pin to get to where all are sufficiently melted loose to release the part (push gently inward when heating the pins, the part will pop away when it is ready). This may not be so good for the part you are removing, so don't count on using it again. Also, if you clean the area with alcohol and an small brush after removing the old oscillator (I didn't) it will look a lot less messy than in that photo!

Adaptor boards would likely make installing the new part easier (and would certainly look nicer), but if you aren't concerned with internal appearance, the fine-wire technique will function just as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Osc Ready.jpg (81.2 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg oscmounted.jpg (331.6 KB, 418 views)

Last edited by bwaslo; 17th October 2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 18th October 2017, 03:21 PM   #109
kvl is offline kvl  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Arrived today.

Thanks Lorien
Old 19th October 2017, 07:16 AM   #110
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaslo View Post
Here are some (crummy, cell phone) pictures of the process. One of the pads had a big blob on it when I attached a wire, I left it -- there are no extra points given for prettiness here, get the wires securely attached, and leave them that way.
NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy-osc-ready-jpg

Here is it is installed. This is in a Mini-DSP 2x4HD (a 24.576MHz oscillator).
By The Way -- the pic shows it installed backwards! I took the photo before I realized that and then had to pull the leads up and turn the part around. Forgot to take another picture after that. So if you're doing a 2x4HD, make sure the oscillator is rotated 180degree relative to this photo!
NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy-oscmounted-jpg
Tack-solder FAST, don't linger on the pads.

Much of of the goo shown in the second photo is from removing the old oscillator. A trick to doing that is to melt and flow solder on all 4 terminals of the old part. Add enough solder to get more mass to hold heat and help you get good contact with the iron on all pins (don't worry if they short together until you get the part off). Keep moving the soldering iron from pin to pin to get to where all are sufficiently melted loose to release the part (push gently inward when heating the pins, the part will pop away when it is ready). This may not be so good for the part you are removing, so don't count on using it again. Also, if you clean the area with alcohol and an small brush after removing the old oscillator (I didn't) it will look a lot less messy than in that photo!

Adaptor boards would likely make installing the new part easier (and would certainly look nicer), but if you aren't concerned with internal appearance, the fine-wire technique will function just as well.
Tks for sharing, i have two more tries..
I will try again.

NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buyHide this!Advertise here!