Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy
NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 05:25 PM   #91
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
@ pistollero: when you have some doubts read their datasheet. Don't expect to find everything there but the basic informations should be present, including pin out diagram.
EDIT: has anyone managed to successfully solder his SDAs ?
__________________
Contact link for WaveIO USB-to-I2S/SPDIF board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 10:17 PM   #92
hires is offline hires
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Arrived today.

Thanks Lorien
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 08:00 AM   #93
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ pistollero: when you have some doubts read their datasheet. Don't expect to find everything there but the basic informations should be present, including pin out diagram.
EDIT: has anyone managed to successfully solder his SDAs ?
I tried for 48kh but did not suceed.. too small parts....i had to make extensions because the prior clock was bigger. I soldered extensions on the clock ok but when i tried to solder on pcb the extensions disolder from the clock.... finally i solder but did not work...
I have to manage something diferent for 44kh..
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 08:26 AM   #94
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I'm sure you already know by now but watch out for ESD, EMI and spikes... if you're using a soldering gun. I do suggest soldering iron instead - possibly with an Earth connection active?, check the temperatures before soldering! Make sure to those tiny pads to not fall off when soldering!
It didn't happened to me as I'm soldering them using hot air gun on a dedicated footprint but you never know...
Also, take into account that any thick wire soldered to the oscillator's pads might damage them due to high mechanical stress! Please use a thin wires, maybe 2-3 thin wires in parallel which are easy to be bent. Do not load them with tin/lead unless at soldering points!
As for desoldering your wires from the oscillator's pads, I guess is related to too much heat from your solder station exposed to that wire for too much time.
Depending on the thickness of the wire I have to solder, I'm using high temperatures to create joints (340 - 400 degree Celsius) but for a 1-2 seconds, no more!
Let's hope 44.1 k are doing better!
Ah, check your voltage cross the oscillator! No more than 3.3V AND make sure is not in disabled state when your board is running!

In the end I want to thank you all for confirming the delivery of your small envelopes! It helps me a lot to put things in order and track them properly!
L
__________________
Contact link for WaveIO USB-to-I2S/SPDIF board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 09:15 AM   #95
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
I'm sure you already know by now but watch out for ESD, EMI and spikes... if you're using a soldering gun. I do suggest soldering iron instead - possibly with an Earth connection active?, check the temperatures before soldering! Make sure to those tiny pads to not fall off when soldering!
It didn't happened to me as I'm soldering them using hot air gun on a dedicated footprint but you never know...
Also, take into account that any thick wire soldered to the oscillator's pads might damage them due to high mechanical stress! Please use a thin wires, maybe 2-3 thin wires in parallel which are easy to be bent. Do not load them with tin/lead unless at soldering points!
As for desoldering your wires from the oscillator's pads, I guess is related to too much heat from your solder station exposed to that wire for too much time.
Depending on the thickness of the wire I have to solder, I'm using high temperatures to create joints (340 - 400 degree Celsius) but for a 1-2 seconds, no more!
Let's hope 44.1 k are doing better!
Ah, check your voltage cross the oscillator! No more than 3.3V AND make sure is not in disabled state when your board is running!

In the end I want to thank you all for confirming the delivery of your small envelopes! It helps me a lot to put things in order and track them properly!
L
Thks for your precious help...
How do i know about disabled state..?
I tried on hifiberry digi pro. Replace one oscillator by another... they come with fox xpresso (much bigger).
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 09:46 AM   #96
pistollero is offline pistollero  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: portugal
i just discovered this adaptors on ebay... with this it should be easier
10 Pcs Active Oscillator Adapter PCB Board Converter for 7050 5032 3225 SMT B69 | eBay

Last edited by pistollero; 13th October 2017 at 10:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 07:46 PM   #97
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
@ pistollero:
Quote:
How do i know about disabled state..?
I tried on hifiberry digi pro. Replace one oscillator by another... they come with fox xpresso (much bigger).
If I would be in your place, I would play a track from 44.1 KHz family and see with a multimenter the voltage value at Stand-By pin. The datasheet says that if there's a voltage high present on the Stand-by pin OR is left floating then your oscillator should run. A low level voltage (0V or near it) should disable it!
See if it works!

As for the adapter, I'm not clear about the connections on the bottom side of that PCB but traces can be easily (?) cut. After all, what you really need is a PCB which acts as a physical support for your parts.
__________________
Contact link for WaveIO USB-to-I2S/SPDIF board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 02:06 PM   #98
carsten.witt is offline carsten.witt  Germany
diyAudio Member
 
carsten.witt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Berlin
Hi Lucian, hi all,

Lucian did a perfect work for me, many thanks!

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

The solder points are so clean that you can see "the camera". :-)
Again, so many thanks!
__________________
Regards ........Carsten
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 02:35 PM   #99
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thank you Carsten!
obviously those joints can be made a bit better but let's not cross over the "sanity line" here
Just all of you to know, Carsten asked me to replace all the NDKs on his two boards (one WaveIO and one BluWave) with the SDA alternatives. As I posted earlier, the single difference I spotted so far between SD and SDA parts is the number starting with "73x", in this case: "732". On older SD oscillators, that number is starting with "43x" or something. I have No idea is that number is particular for the SDA family or not. It might be a lot number, a coding or a date embedded in it... I don't know!
On the other hand I didn't get any news from NDK regarding my question on how they are marking the SDA parts but I hope the new 4x.xxx alternatives will confirm (or infirm my presumptions).

Speaking of 4x.xxx MHz SDA parts, I was announced that the new oscillators will come here one week earlier than expected (like it happened for actual oscillators) so I guess it's time to start the GB for this two new frequencies:
45.1584 MHz and 49.152 MHz.

So, anyone wishing to have such oscillators, just put down your nick name and the quantity requested. All the conditions will apply like in case of the previous GB so please check the first page of this thread for details!
I expect the dispatch date will start with 11-December-2017.

NZ2520SDA Group buy (for 45.1584 MHz and 49.152 MHz):
1. Lorien - 10 pairs
2.

Kind regards,
L
__________________
Contact link for WaveIO USB-to-I2S/SPDIF board.

Last edited by Lorien; 14th October 2017 at 02:48 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 07:41 AM   #100
crowlie is offline crowlie  Sweden
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sweden
Arrived few days ago, thanks Lorien
  Reply With Quote

Reply


NDK NZ2520SDA oscillators group buyHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low jitter crystal oscillators (NDK) Alexandre Swap Meet 1 20th February 2015 06:56 AM
Group buy how to: AmpUtator Group Buys 1 15th September 2013 06:49 PM
Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy. Tea-Bag Group Buys 330 20th May 2013 02:03 PM
Group buy for very low jitter oscillators jwb Group Buys 2 27th January 2008 11:17 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 14.29%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio
Wiki