• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Speaker Outriggers (UK/EU based)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In the bits and bobs thread over in 2 channel room at the WigWam a user posted about his Frugel horns, I was rather taken by the little outriggers he had used.

I've since spoken to the manufacturer and have priced up importing a box to the UK. I'd like to get some for myself to keep in stock for my own customers but a few folk in the thread had mentioned wanting a set. For me to bring over a whole box I'd need to get confirmed pre sales on at least a few pairs first so thought it would be worth a thread to see who might like a set? They would be £27.00 a set or 4 plus postage to UK/EU at cost). Subsequent pricing would be £30 a set via the website.

If you'd like a set, pop along to the google sheet and register your interest and when I've got a few I'll proceed.

The outriggers are made from high gloss ABS plastic and attach to the bottom of the speaker via a wood screw, although some may find they do line up with the holes on the bottom of your speakers for the existing spikes.

Here is an image of the out riggers them selves.

outriggers.jpg

And the image lordmortlock posted on the wam

199C2735-9227-4B40-8BE3-73BE8C25F2E5_zpsc65y7u81.jpeg

Stefan

Well this has gained a little bit of traction. Enough to proceed I think. I've got a really busy weekend so will let this run until early next week then contact everyone via PM on thier home forums to collect contact/ delivery details to invoice everyone.

Can those of you who posted on other forums please update member there.

Ta

Stefan

Someone asked in another thread about specs.

The material is black, abs plastic and the spike element is chrome plated brass.

The spike system will lift your cabinet 2" off the floor.
The Outrigger spike system includes:

Black ABS plastic housing – base 36mm x 53mm x 65mm high

Chrome plated spike – 1" high

Chrome plated floor disk – to protect hardwood floors.

Attaches to cabinet with 2 x #8×3/4" wood screws

I've sent everyone a request for details via PM on their home forums, if you signed up to the list and haven't had a PM please do get in touch with me.

I have received contact details from all but 3 of the members who have signed up, of all those who have sent details have received an invoice and some have already paid. It would be good to get this sorted for everyone as soon as possible and as soon as I've got most of the payments in I'll order the required amount of outriggers.

Stefan

Just wanted to keep you all in the loop as I was hoping to have delivered these out by now.

I’m actually having a bit of trouble getting a shipping date from the manufacturers at the moment, they were initially low on stock but now are proving difficult to get firm answers from. I am aware that not getting a timely delivery time to my customers will damage my hard won reputation and will not let it drag out to much. I’m also aware that having pre-paid me may give some of you the jitters. However, I will not let this go past the 30 day deadline imposed by pay-pal before I call it a day and refund you. Of course if you decide you cannot wait I am happy to make a refund to you at your convenience.

On the plus side, I’m still very much looking forward to receiving these, I think they will be a great addition to out DIY speaker building arsenal, and of course once I’ve got some in stock other customers will benefit from immediate delivery.

Many thanks for having the faith to join in, I’ll get these one way or the other!!

Can those of you that started threads elsewhere about this please copy and paste this message there?

Stefan

Hi all, I'm having to refund these paypal payments, you should all have a refund in your paypal accounts already. The manufacturer has contacted me to say they won't have a production run ready before the 30 day PayPal refund window that as a consumer they grant you. I don't want any of you guys to be in a position where you feel you've not got your outriggers and also you've not got recourse to PayPal for a refund. I of course could have made a refund after that date but didn't want you to feel that you didn't have the option to use the PayPal resolution service.

I have obviously paid out for these outriggers to the manufacturer so now I have have refunded everyone I'm a bit out of pocket. When these finally do get shipped I'll be contacting you all again via e-mail and this thread and hopefully you'll all still want to get your sets.

Stefan.

I'm still not really having that much success with the manufacturer of these outriggers and have started to think about getting my own KJF Audio ones made instead and am getting price for that as we speak.

I wanted users to have the option of using their existing spike threads in their speaker bases to attach these outriggers, that way they can be used by a lot more people who don't want to use the standard wood screws to attach them. To do that though I need to make a list of peoples current spike positions from the edge of their speaker cabinets so I can come up with a design that works for as many people as possible. so could my fiends at the forum please get tape measures out and measure from cabinet edge and report back here what that measurement is and what speaker you are using. Many many thanks, hopefully I can get another useful product to market.

Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.