• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for ArDAM Lite bare PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe that I have finalized the design. It is a small PCB, approximately 50mm x 50mm.

attachment.php

A minimum number of components is necessary for it to function.

The isolator chip is an Si8642 in SOIC-8 package, which should be very easy to solder on, even with no SMD experience.

Since a few inmates asked, I considered giving an option to include the OLED display in the GB but it doesn't really seem to make sense to me, since:

1) They are available in at least 2 different sizes (0.96" and 1.3") so the end user would probably like to have final say.
2) They are available in several colours so the end user would probably like to have final say.
3) They are already relatively inexpensive and generally available (Ebay, Aliexpress, etc).
4) Any cost reduction due to bulk pricing will most likely be cancelled out by severely increased packing costs and postage in my end.

Attachments

• ArDAM_Lite_PCB_v0.7.png
    ArDAM_Lite_PCB_v0.7.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 484
guglielmope 1
modmix 1 => 4
carsten.witt 1 => 4
hannesie 1
levi4312 1
paulebappie 1
arnd13 1
Rrbs 1
tods 1
markus22ch 1
Mituisho 8 => 9
renton 1
Prakit 4
rbalu72 1
ck111 4 => 7
manniraj 1
Fabian85 6
TrickyMicky 1
euro21 4

Total: 50

With just a couple of days to go.. :)

All right guys, time is up, this is the final list:

guglielmope 1
modmix 1 => 4
carsten.witt 1 => 4
hannesie 1
levi4312 1
paulebappie 1
arnd13 1
Rrbs 1
tods 1
markus22ch 1
Mituisho 8 => 9
renton 1
Prakit 4
rbalu72 1
ck111 4 => 7
manniraj 1
Fabian85 6
TrickyMicky 1
euro21 4
Philipp23 2
Dimdim 1

Total: 53

This is quite the number, so I've decided to go with blue coloured gold plated (ENIG) PCBs while at the same time keeping the price at 4,5€ for single boards (including postage and PayPal fees).

Members who have asked for more than one board will be paying less than 4,5€ per board since I'll do "combined shipping". I'll try to guesstimate the exact postage and let you guys know.

I'll be PMing every one of you to let you know of the exact cost asking you for your PayPal email address so I can invoice you.

If you would like registered mail, that will be an extra 2,6€. Please let me know when you reply to my PM with your email address.

Since this is a relatively small GB with low cost PCBs, I think that one week is a reasonable amount of time to wait for everyone to pay. At the end of the week I'll place the order for the PCBs. Production time should be about one month.

Thanks to everyone who is participating. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.