Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2018, 08:30 AM   #771
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

I have done all the Mac portion you mentioned. Even the basic speaker config option in the Audio MIDI setup app does not play sound to identify speakers. I am in the process of moving Windows based measurements to BootCamp on the MacBook as well. Other USB soundcards work fine. I will try the RTX later.
Old 13th January 2018, 12:27 PM   #772
diyAudio Member

Default GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Sounds dumb, but I did not change the power line to the right voltage.[emoji849] Sounds amazingly neutral on first listening. Well damped. Using the recommended USB cable, there is totally no trace of sonic signature associated with longer USB cables I have tried with other devices.
Switching to my usual USB cable, the lower frequencies and the dynamics seemed be have a more weight into the music.
So I would be interested to see if measurements will show differences.

Last edited by soongsc; 13th January 2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 13th January 2018, 01:11 PM   #773
cwtim01 is offline cwtim01  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

> Well damped
The RTX has an output impedance of 50R (single-ended) or 100R (balanced), if there is no headphone amp following the RTX, it'll have a very low damping factor - less than 1 for commonly found 32R phones.
Old 13th January 2018, 01:21 PM   #774
diyAudio Member

Default GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

You know, I really to not fully understand how the output source impedance and load impedance ratio relates with the settling time of a signal. My current comments are really how I perceive how sounds die out listening through my active speakers.
Old 13th January 2018, 06:03 PM   #775
JensH is offline JensH  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soongsc View Post

I am wondering, what data format should the RTX received? Integer or floating point?
Definitely not floating point! It should be either 16, 24 or 32 bit fixed point.

Quote:
Sounds dumb, but I did not change the power line to the right voltage.[emoji849] Sounds amazingly neutral on first listening. Well damped. Using the recommended USB cable, there is totally no trace of sonic signature associated with longer USB cables I have tried with other devices.
Switching to my usual USB cable, the lower frequencies and the dynamics seemed be have a more weight into the music.
So I would be interested to see if measurements will show differences.
So are you saying that you connected it to a 110 V line voltage, but with the unit set to 230 V?
I have actually not tried it. I could imagine that it will work to some extent, but you may get an increased hum level.
Doing it the other way around will probably blow a fuse or two.

I wouldn't expect the length and type of cable to make any difference at all, as long as data transmission is error free.

Quote:
You know, I really to not fully understand how the output source impedance and load impedance ratio relates with the settling time of a signal. My current comments are really how I perceive how sounds die out listening through my active speakers.
If you use an amplifier after the RTX6001, the output impedance of the RTX6001 is not terribly critical. I assume that in this case the amplifier input impedance is relatively high, like 10k or higher.
Connecting it directly to headphones is a different matter of course.
Old 14th January 2018, 11:35 AM   #776
diyAudio Member

I am playing around with REW on the MacBook, it always shows 16bit. Canít find a way to show 24bit. Only two sample rate selection. Is this the same limitation on the Windows version?
Old 14th January 2018, 11:46 AM   #777
PaulBC is offline PaulBC  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

You need to install the beta version of REW.
Old 14th January 2018, 11:55 AM   #778
JensH is offline JensH  Denmark
diyAudio Member

In the Windows version you can select 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 kHz in REW. 176.4 kHz does not seem to be supported by REW, but that is also the case with other applications and hardly a big issue. It is supported by the RTX6001 though.
Old 14th January 2018, 12:00 PM   #779
diyAudio Member

Thanks! I will get the OSX beta version to try.
Old 14th January 2018, 02:11 PM   #780
diyAudio Member

USB cable difference

IMG_4961.JPG

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490Hide this!Advertise here!