• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Quasimodo Boards for Planet10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Another choice is to download the freely available V4 CAD files (in Gerber format) and then send them off to a PCB vendor of your choice. This costs you $12.00 including shipping to Los Angeles, and you get ten PCBs for twelve buxx. Now you can stuff and solder two or three V4 boards, then give away (or sell!) the other seven boards. Your own micro-groupbuy as it were.

Click on the white X shaped arrowhead at bottom left of attached figure, to see it fullsize and maximally legible.

_

Attachments

• pcbshopper.png
    pcbshopper.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 223
Another choice is to download the freely available V4 CAD files (in Gerber format) and then send them off to a PCB vendor of your choice. This costs you $12.00 including shipping to Los Angeles, and you get ten PCBs for twelve buxx. Now you can stuff and solder two or three V4 boards, then give away (or sell!) the other seven boards. Your own micro-groupbuy as it were.

Click on the white X shaped arrowhead at bottom left of attached figure, to see it fullsize and maximally legible.

_
Already paid Davide :)
Besides, it was a good cause, so I wanted to support it.

I think this is for you, from Bonnie at Gofundme:

Hi Davide,

Thank you DiY Audio so much for your support.

Your giving seems to know no bounds.

As Margaret Mead once said: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has.”

DiY Audio You ROCK our world!!

D.

Interested in the V3 kit?

I'm going to build the V3 SMD version of the PCB, and ordered the three chips and some other components. The minimum ordering qty for the chips was 5, so I can possibly help some of you.

I have three options for those of you that are interested in building/having one too.

Option 1
The chips.
If there is interest, I can sell you a set (Fet, Fet-driver and the 555) at my cost (5 Euro) plus letter postage from the Netherlands. I can sell up to 4 sets.

Option 2
Chips on board. :)
If there is enough interest, I can order up to 4 more boards (@ 5 Euros) and solder the three chips for you on them. (I cannot not test them, so no guarantees though!) The price will be 10 Euros + postage from NL.

Option 3
PCB with only the SMD components installed. I cannot use normal letter post otherwise.

Up to 4 PCB's maximum, but without the 10nF removable cap, the trimpot, the terminal block (connection to the transformer), solder tail sockets and the 220uF electrolyte. You can let me know if you don't want the LED soldered on the board, in case you're going to mount one with wires on an enclosure. I will be able to test these boards, but no guarantees though! The price will be 13 Euros plus postage from NL.

I will only accept Paypal (friends & Family) or a European bank transfer (at no cost for me).

To register the interest, I need to hi-jack this forum a bit (sorry Davide! :rolleyes:) so that others can see how many orders there are.

So if you intend to purchase one of these options, please reply to this message with the preferred option, AND send me a PM with your email address and country (to calculate postage for you).

The first 4 replies will get the deal. I have no intend to do more though!

The parts are already on their way, but come from China, so delivery to you will most likely be in the beginning of December.

Enjoy!

Paul

Weird (I did not see it in my own message list), but good to know this GB is still on.

You probably saw my other post.
I will wait a bit before I order my own PCB, because I may be able to help others with the SMD soldering. Reserve one for me, but stay tuned for possibly more. I'll send you another PM with my email address, let me know if you don't get it in the next hour or so.

Regards,

Paul

Last edited:
After having purchased a few PCB's and all the parts, I found out that I have to pay just over 7 Euros for the boards, instead of the 5 I estimated earlier.

This together with the somewhat higher prices for the parts, forced me to raise the prices for the three kits I offered in an earlier post (#130).

The following are the updated prices and changes:
Option 1
I will include the BAT400 diode, which is hard to get and rather expensive. The new price is 8 Euro's.

Option 2
I will add the BAT400 mounted as well. New price is 15 Euro's.

Option 3
All SMD (only!) parts mounted on the PCB for 18 Euro's.

Sorry for the changes, but I don't want to loose money on providing this service.

Paul

Joined 2011
Paid Member
There are several PCB fabs in China that will sell you ten boards for less than thirty Euros (< EUR 3.0 per board), and two of them will sell you ten boards for less than ten Euros (< EUR 1.0 per board). Click on the white X at bottom left to see the image at 100% full-size.

_

Attachments

• PCB_shopper_dot_com.png
    PCB_shopper_dot_com.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 194
After having purchased a few PCB's and all the parts, I found out that I have to pay just over 7 Euros for the boards, instead of the 5 I estimated earlier.

This together with the somewhat higher prices for the parts, forced me to raise the prices for the three kits I offered in an earlier post (#130).

The following are the updated prices and changes:
Option 1
I will include the BAT400 diode, which is hard to get and rather expensive. The new price is 8 Euro's.

Option 2
I will add the BAT400 mounted as well. New price is 15 Euro's.

Option 3
All SMD (only!) parts mounted on the PCB for 18 Euro's.

Sorry for the changes, but I don't want to loose money on providing this service.

Paul

Hi Paul,

If you have any fully populated SMD, ready to go, boards then I'd be happy to but one from you.

Ta.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.