Component Kit for Ultra Fast Diode Bridge. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2004, 08:12 PM   #11
SineEra is offline SineEra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Andrew
Thanks for the info, 4 to go please.

Have you modelled these at all? Looking to model the whole PSU. Know of any inductor suppliers in the UK? for a choke regulated supply.

TIA

Simon
Old 18th March 2004, 10:47 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigparsnip
The only minor problem that I can envisage with this group buy is that there are large lead times on the haetsinks for this kit.
I can offer my help on this one. What about ordering the heatsinks directly from Fischer?
Here are the prices from their catalogue for the SK 104/50,8/STC (incl. VAT):

1,06 each (100 off)
0,94 each (250 off)

On the original Wiki, members (including me) asked for 47 component kits, which counts for 188 heatsinks.
250 should not be impossible to reach. Anyway, the next price break is at 500 sinks at 0,80 each.

A good friend of mine who lives close to their factory can pick the order up and send it to Andrew for 16,50.

Tomorrow, I'll phone Fischer and ask for THEIR lead time...
Old 19th March 2004, 01:46 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

SineEra: I haven't modeled this at all, as first off, I wasn't sure if there would be a consitent way of getting a good idea of what the output of this would look like (I was asuming, I would have to build a few with diferent component values, and go see if teh nice people in the electronics lab would let me play for an hour or two). However, looking at existing designs, the basic combination of 100 ohms and 100nF, seems very popular (so far a eneral start point it can't be too bad). Although, if you are realy intrested in what effect the values will have on the sound I don't think I can sujest anything better than trying few and listening (as the measurements don't always seem to confirm what we measure).

Michi124:

I'm assuming there will be some sort of tax that needs to be added to this price, but if it isn't too much, these may still be good enough to compare to the supplier I have found, and if the lead times are subatantialy better it may definately worth looking into further (feel free to get in touch by e-mail if there is anything you would like to ask about this).
Old 19th March 2004, 08:18 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Fischer

Andrew,

the direct Fischer prices include VAT, and it's a about a tenner delivery. If we ordered from the UK, delivery would be ablout the same, but the prices I emailed you exclude VAT.

Could be the way to go..........?

Also, TruOhm do a 0.1% part (Rapid Electronics) 100R 0.4W at 25 pence each plus VAT.

Cheers

Jon
Old 19th March 2004, 01:11 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Jon, as I mentioned in my post above, when it comes to the snubbing network, the 100 ohm, 100nF components would just be an educated guess at what values would work best here for a range of applications. Therefore, I really don't think it would be worth the extra to use the hige precision resistors in this place, as the don't have to be exactly 100 ohms to work.

However what may be better for me to do here is to offer three smaller kits instad of the one main one so that people only need to take the bits they want. I guess that would be like below:

Kit 1: Capacitors And Resistors

Kit 2: Heatsinks
4.00 (this will depend on where the heatsinks come from and how many we get, but should be a little less, hopefully about 3.50)

Kit 3: Diodes
6.00 (again this will need a minimum order of around 100 diodes to get to this price, but that shouldn't be too difficult)

(all parts would still be the same as listed above, with possible slight variations in the heatsink which shouoldn't effect it's performance at all)
Old 19th March 2004, 02:42 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Ok, I have just received four of the hatsinks I linked to in the first post today, to check to see if they fit ok and I ahve found one sligt issue with this particular model. The spacing on the rear of the heatsink is not quite the same as the SK104 part, and as such the large 7.5, or 100mm pitch caps won't fit in properly, oly 5mm pitch ones.

So, it does look like I will have to try and get a hold of the hetsinks from somwhere other than rapid for the kits, which means the price for the four heatsinks may be a little more than I mentioned above (but should still be around 4.00, just might not get down to 3.50 any more).
Old 19th March 2004, 02:44 PM   #17
Kram is offline Kram  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hello BP

I would take 4 complete kits plus another 16 heatsinks.

Does Kit 3 contain everything to make 1 rectifier?

Thanks
Mark.
Old 19th March 2004, 02:49 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

No, to populate one full rectifier (with snubbers, diodes and heatsinks) you would need one each of kits 1 2 and 3, which would give you the four diodes, four heatsinks, four caps and four resistors (as well as the mounting bolts for conecting the diodes to the heatsink which I guess I should include as well). So it would be about 11 ish for all of the components on the board, and the extra 16 heatsinks would be another four of kit 2 (about 16.00?).

Hope this make s things a little clearer now.

Andrew
Old 19th March 2004, 03:14 PM   #19
Coulomb is offline Coulomb  England
diyAudio Member

Hello BP, this heatsink would be perfect for your boards I beleive. The are available from Digikey US for $1.50 US ea single piece, quantity discounts apply. If you buy 100 price drops to $0.87 US, that is only $0.47 pounds!!!!!!!

Is that a deal or what!!!! So a set of four would be less than $2 pounds, and how much could it cost to ship a small package from North America to the UK via Air Mail?

You may even be able to get Digikey UK to bring them in for you. I suppose you could find someone in North America to buy them for you and ship them over.

I have attached the PDF for you to certify they will work.

Regards

Anthony
Attached Files
File Type: zip 513201b02500.zip (79.5 KB, 61 views)
Old 19th March 2004, 03:18 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Do you have a catalouge number or page number for those, as it is the correct profile and size, but it is missing a hole or two (so TO-220 and TO-247 devices an be used) so hopefuly there will be a slightly diferent model available there to.

Hide this!Advertise here!