Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2017, 02:39 PM   #571
prasi is offline prasi  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi View Post
Hi Pierre,
There are no boards left. However I have ordered 50 more as I have been getting some requirements through PM and for local sale. Price will be 5.3 USD per PCB. PCB will be available with me in another 18 days approx.

regards
Prasi

Here is the list

bigaudioscotto 2 nos
vj_audio 2 nos?
ajit 2 nos
Pierre 4 nos.
received another 50 CRC boards today.
For those as per above list and also anyone else, Please send me a PM with your name, address, postal code, Paypal address.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CRC 50.jpg (213.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 15th September 2017, 06:10 AM   #572
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

I just built up two more PSU's. This is the second gen layout and it works well. I am using 22mF 35v caps and 2x 0.47R Panasonic 3W metal film. Diodes are all MUR880's from Mouser. I have to say, these PSU's are just as complicated and time consuming to build as an amp. Nice PSU, but sure uses a lot of my stash of film caps!

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)-crc-class-psu-build-jpg

I will probably use this for my main Class A PSU for various amps from here on out. M2, DLH, F5, Babelfish J, etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CRC-Class-A-PSU-build.jpg (347.6 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by xrk971; 15th September 2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 15th September 2017, 07:23 AM   #573
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
I just built up two more PSU's. This is the second gen layout and it works well. I am using 22mF 35v caps and 2x 0.47R Panasonic 3W metal film. Diodes are all MUR880's from Mouser. I have to say, these PSU's are just as complicated and time consuming to build as an amp. Nice PSU, but sure uses a lot of my stash of film caps!

I will probably use this for my main Class A PSU for various amps from here on out. M2, DLH, F5, Babelfish J, etc...
As usual, nicely done. Yep sure does use plenty of small things like fastons, plastic sleeves, insulating pads, film caps. Etc.

Have you tried building one with Quasimodo components with default values or as per Quasimodo procedure?

Last edited by prasi; 15th September 2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 15th September 2017, 02:30 PM   #574
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

One thing I have noticed is that the pads especially of the smaller components like the LED come off easily with desoldering/soldering couple of times with a 25w iron, otherwise very nice VFM boards
Old 15th September 2017, 04:05 PM   #575
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
One thing I have noticed is that the pads especially of the smaller components like the LED come off easily with desoldering/soldering couple of times with a 25w iron, otherwise very nice VFM boards
Thats strange, it would be a problem with 35um and smaller pads. However this board has 70um and comparatively big pads.

One should keep both pads heated while pulling out, if one pad is cold, it stresses that pad.
Old 15th September 2017, 04:26 PM   #576
manniraj is online now manniraj  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi View Post
Thats strange, it would be a problem with 35um and smaller pads. However this board has 70um and comparatively big pads.

One should keep both pads heated while pulling out, if one pad is cold, it stresses that pad.
Hmm I used a single solder while heating and also underside of the PCB to pull out the LED which was reversed. So the underside pads came out but resoldering the LED with the correct orientation worked without any issues.
Old 15th September 2017, 05:30 PM   #577
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniraj View Post
Hmm I used a single solder while heating and also underside of the PCB to pull out the LED which was reversed. So the underside pads came out but resoldering the LED with the correct orientation worked without any issues.
Ok I get it. Do have a look at some desoldering videos on youtube, especially by adafruit (funny guy!) and others. there is plenty of good info and plus it requires skill which comes with plenty of debugging of amplifier/pre-amp PCBs especially that have 8 pin, 14 pin IC and to-92 transistors (desoldering w/o damaging) on double sided PCB. De-soldering LM3886 soldered in small holes was a PITA the first time I did it.

Get the desoldering tools from aliexpress based on user reviews and no of orders.

You will be good to go.

BTW your PCB are shipped, also others who ordered, I shall share tracking info by tomorrow.

regards
Prasi
Old 17th September 2017, 02:54 PM   #578
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

Dual CRC PSU's now in Babelfish J project. With 400VA Antek 18VAC I am getting 1mV ripple no load. Pretty good - let's see what happens when 1.25amps flow. Fits a 3U Dissipante case perfectly.

Babbelfish J PCBs-img_7845-jpg

Babbelfish J PCBs
Old 17th September 2017, 05:51 PM   #579
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
Dual CRC PSU's now in Babelfish J project. With 400VA Antek 18VAC I am getting 1mV ripple no load. Pretty good - let's see what happens when 1.25amps flow. Fits a 3U Dissipante case perfectly.

Babbelfish J PCBs
Nicely done, all the best for your Babelfish J project.!
Old 17th September 2017, 05:55 PM   #580
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Looking good X.

CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)Hide this!Advertise here!