Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys
DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2017, 07:40 AM   #401
quanghao is offline quanghao  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys
Quote:
Originally Posted by grec13 View Post
Hello Quanghao.
Jan 15 2016 I sent you $995 as a partial payment for the DAC.
Can you tell me when this fully assembled DAC will be ready to order?

Thank you,
Sergey
ok, i will check it !

thanks!
Old 11th November 2017, 08:47 AM   #402
grec13 is offline grec13  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanghao View Post
ok, i will check it !

thanks!
Did you checked that Paypal transfer or you want me to send you a copy of payment?
When this fully assembled DAC will be ready to order?

Last edited by grec13; 11th November 2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 14th November 2017, 01:54 PM   #403
diyAudio Member

DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao DAC ES9038 PRO Group Buys
Quote:
Originally Posted by grec13 View Post
Did you checked that Paypal transfer or you want me to send you a copy of payment?
When this fully assembled DAC will be ready to order?
Hi!
I'm sorry it's my fault! I forgot you!

Can I help you now?

please tell me!

quanghao
Old 16th November 2017, 09:34 AM   #404
grec13 is offline grec13  United States
diyAudio Member

Private message sent.
Old 16th November 2017, 09:21 PM   #405
gemby is offline gemby  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baski View Post
I dont see the price for the fully assembled unit anywhere.. Can someone let me know. Also is it too late to join the group buy?
I have same question, would like to buy 1 + 2 + tube output and i need power supply too

Last edited by gemby; 16th November 2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 24th November 2017, 09:45 AM   #406
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemby View Post
I have same question, would like to buy 1 + 2 + tube output and i need power supply too

hi!

please go to this:

DAC ES9038 oput Tube GR-3
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:34 PM   #407
maessen is offline maessen  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Anybody here has any listening done with this DAC?

Johan
Old 4th December 2017, 09:20 AM   #408
diyAudio Member

Hi maessen!

you can see in some link

you as: ***Anybody here has any listening done with this DAC? ***

Please see Algar_emi finis DAC. thank

""" Finally the DAC is signing Here the pictures. I had to make a lot of mods on the inside to install the needed power transformers 115/230V compatible, and have provision for this primary voltage selection. I had one transformer for B+/FIL (T1), one for B- (T2), one for the DAC (T3) and finally one for the High current discrete 5V supply for the Raspberry Pi3 (T4). The Raspberry trasnfo PCB has the necessary AC primary voltage distribution and 115/230V selection switch for T1 & T2. I used a nice pcb from HQ Audio for the Rasberry 5V regulator. It uses the LT3042 High current low noise smd IC, with an D45H11 current booster. Worked like a charm

I had also to replace the front controller 230V transformer by an other one with 115/230V primary. Simple junction points allow voltage selection for this one.

I installed a shield over the DAC PCB, and the I/V current outputs go through feedthrough. An extra shield separates the DAC from the AC transformers. Don't know if it was necessary but it was easier to plan them right from the start, then to add them later. I also installed an AC Inlet module with EMI filter/switch and built-in fuse to replace the standard inlet.

The DAC is completely silent, except for a small hiss at max volume, typical tube thermal hiss probably. But it is very low and not in the way of the music.

Listening to it using the Amanero USB interface (modified to use the DAC digital supply, not the USB +5V) and JRiver. Sound is incredible with DSD output, and very nice choice of digital filter by the way, still haven't had the time to compare all of them.

Pure I/V PCB has MK132 27R current conversion resistor, Kiwame cathode resistors, Active CCS option on the output tube cathode, large MKP Wima local B+/B- filter caps (an addition I did) and Mundorf MCap EVO output coupling caps. Also the output section is already modified to accept an optional balanced output, using Lundhall Transformers.

Next thing I may try are active CCS on the tube anode, to replace the passive 33K resistors. But so far it is a great DAC

And naturally I still have to configure/try the built-in Moode Raspberry music server..."""

Thanks Algar_emi !
Click the image to open in full size.

And lindamar post 302

"""Hi Quanghao,

this is to report that we have successfully (well, my friend smanz indeed ) tested your dac with a pair of your lundahl boards and their corresponding trafos.

The test was made comparing that setup against a buffalo DAC with a super modded IVY output stage (best quality in capacitors and resistors that you can imagine). No blind test, just a simple listening session over a couple of songs that we know well.

The result was, and we both agree on that front, that your DAC is much better in every single corner. Better timbre, better sound stage, very well articulated and capable of showing all nuances with a big orchesta, and in summary... a better DAC. I find it very musical and dynamic.

We (my friend and I) disagreed nevertheless on how voices are presented. In my opinion, the ES9038 is darker .... maybe the trafos ? maybe the filter we used (brickwall) ?. Now we have a battery for the remote, we will make the test again (perhaps with an apodizing filter?) but for this occasion weŽll use a bigger contender: quadruple Buffalo ES9018 DAC with tubes output stage.

I will get back here with our conclusions. In any case, thank you and congratulations for the DAC. It is a great product, no question about it.

Cheers
Pepe """

And akltam post 208

((I have now run the DAC for about 4 hours. As everything including the output transformer LL1690 is new, I expect at least 100 hours of run-in time. My initial impression is that this DAC has more control authority compare to the previous ES9018 DAC using the LL1684 (also in voltage output mode). So far everything sounds OK.

Looking forward to hear from you how this DAC compare to the previous ES9018 DAC. )) and post 221

Thanks you all very much!

quanghao

DAC ES9038 PRO Group BuysHide this!Advertise here!