• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How old an IOS device could I use do you think? Well, baring the actual access to the itunes store or whatever it is these days of course..

Could I use a 9 year old ipod touch?

Your ipod must support BLE 4.0 (bluetooth low energy) and at least IOS 9.3
I could compile the application to support IOS 8.0 and higher, but old devices do not support BLE at all.
You'll need access to appstore.

On other hand, android version is working on any device with at lest android 2.1 Eclair (API 7), so will cover 8 years old devices.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have a completely assembled unit that I no longer need. € 200 + shipping will get it.
I'll see if I can post a few more pics later.

Regulators are high-performance from XEN courtesy EUVL.

Jan

Attachments

• top inside view.PNG
    top inside view.PNG
    810.2 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Still loving my BP Pre.

However I was wondering if anyone has tried altering the power supply.

I get some hash from my Pre at around the 9 o clock position (BOM Pot.)

I notice Jan has used different voltage regulators, different ? worthwhile ?

I also wondered whether using a linear DC supply into the 3 pin power connector would provide improvement, if so what voltage should I provide 13/14 V ?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Still loving my BP Pre.

However I was wondering if anyone has tried altering the power supply.

I get some hash from my Pre at around the 9 o clock position (BOM Pot.)

I notice Jan has used different voltage regulators, different ? worthwhile ?

I also wondered whether using a linear DC supply into the 3 pin power connector would provide improvement, if so what voltage should I provide 13/14 V ?

Do you think the pre hash comes from the BPBP supply? Do you also get it with the input shorted?

I used the regs I had available at the time. With this kind of circuit it doesn't really make a lot of difference what you use, provided the grounding and distribution scheme is right, which is inherent to the PCB.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Jan, not tried that but I will.

Can you recall what VAC output you have/had from your TX ?
Do you get any hash on the output at high volume ?

It could of course be my amps, so I will try reinstating my N-Cores.

Thanks.

Try with shorted inputs to know where it comes from. If the volume is high then of course you are also amplifying any noise coming into the input.

Jan

Placing different power supplies one after another may make sense, because you get double regulation and - most of the time - variable and adjustable input voltage to your liking.
I do use switched power supplies feeding the two linear Hypex power supplies, which are supposed to be excellent. There are two filter stages in front of the linear regulators already cleaning up the signal to a certain degree.

I don't think your noise "problem" comes from the supply side, but from the input noise either of the first stage and/or input signal and its corresponding amplification stage.

Well, I sure know what you mean. But then it was not intended for sale but for my personal use as I like it so much. So I bought the Cyrus tuner which uses their cast magnesium case(can't DIY that, trust me) and I had a custom rear panel made for it as well as a custom transorfmer wound with the right voltages and size to fit in. Then I bought the wonderful Maya set for it and I had someone assemble the BPBP with premium parts where it counts, it does say Cyrus tuner in the enclosure but it does feel and sound like a four digit in euro preamplifer with fantastic remote and app control.

That cost way more. I was just mentioning it in case someone needs something that looks good and sounds fantastic. Something different than a few boards on a plate. I am not a trader and for sure would love to have most of the DIY stuff here coming in a good enclosure, even Bruno delayed the production of Mola Mola products because he could not find a decent supplier of enclosures. Cyrus cases are wonderful, read a bit about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.