• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
I'm sorry, I should have removed the Excel file on the first post as I wasn't using it.

For those of you who recently added your names to the list and haven't emailed me or heard from me directly, can you please instead email me: hypexpreampgb at xavbroadcast dot co dot uk, filling in the following tempate:

I will then be able to reply to you individually by email with a quote, etc.

To update the records, I now have left:
8 Bare PCBs
5 Semi-assembled PCBs
5 pairs of Hypex regulators.

I'll update the first post.

Thanks and apologies for the confusion.

Email sent for 2 bare pcb's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i suppose my poor choice of word and poor english led to this joke :p

I was looking the correct english word for what i mean, but it seems google doesn't help a lot :
souffle = breath, blast, breathing, blow, souffle, wind

The funny part, i was indeed worried that i blow (;)) my bpbp as i reverse the two hypex reg. After put them right i was pretty happy it was (almost :smash:) working.

But the few test i did really impress me :D Previously i was using a diyinhk ak4490 dac with an akouo volume controller and balanced driver. I don't know if the upgrade come mostly from the bpbp or the balanced soekris, but i was impressed when i first ear it. I get a lot more bass, the sound is more organic (distorted guitar sound so much better) and i ear a lot more details. For exemple now i can ear some very slight reverb on the singer voice that i couldn't before. It seems also the sound is a lot more balanced, so i can ear it for a long time without tiredness.

I still need to correct a few slight problem in my build, but i think i will enjoy this preamp a lot :D

Last edited:
@ChriPa

Just did some further measurements on that Chinese passive attenuator board today as promised and have drawn a (preliminary) schematic of that board (see pcitures, no mistakes hopefully but don't trust it yet :cool:).
Additionally I added to that *.TXT file of mine the results of those measurements. Not sure yet how to interleave it to the BPBP instead of that linear 10k pot because of some - at least to me - visible inconsistencies. An additional resistor has to be added in line to the ladder probably to prevent the gain rising to "infinity".

Attachments

• P1000324_DXO_.jpg
    P1000324_DXO_.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
  • L168-45 attenuation values.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 35
  • P1000198_DXO_.jpg
    P1000198_DXO_.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
  • P1000321_DXO_.jpg
    P1000321_DXO_.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Well i suppose my poor choice of word and poor english led to this joke :p

I was looking the correct english word for what i mean, but it seems google doesn't help a lot :
souffle = breath, blast, breathing, blow, souffle, wind

The funny part, i was indeed worried that i blow (;)) my bpbp as i reverse the two hypex reg. After put them right i was pretty happy it was (almost :smash:) working.

But the few test i did really impress me :D Previously i was using a diyinhk ak4490 dac with an akouo volume controller and balanced driver. I don't know if the upgrade come mostly from the bpbp or the balanced soekris, but i was impressed when i first ear it. I get a lot more bass, the sound is more organic (distorted guitar sound so much better) and i ear a lot more details. For exemple now i can ear some very slight reverb on the singer voice that i couldn't before. It seems also the sound is a lot more balanced, so i can ear it for a long time without tiredness.

I still need to correct a few slight problem in my build, but i think i will enjoy this preamp a lot :D
I got it :D But I'm French :p
GhostMM, it's better that you blow than you suck ;)

@ChrisPa

Still waiting for some parts to get both ,BPBP version (Maya + VoICB) and the Chinese passive 10k attenuator, to be completely assembled, tested and hooked up.
The "little things" are what takes so long... No final word on it yet.

PS.: In the meantime I checked with the Chinese supplier and he can deliver white, green and red as display colours at same price. Assembled versions are available too and the attenuator can be obtained either as 10k or 50k, 100k versions, whatever one needs.

I am interested in buying assembled / completed BBPB preamp with Maya remote volume control ... is there anyone who is selling that OR might be interested to do it one off ... i know this entire forum is DIY but with no time I'd be willing to pay for service of someone competent who has to invest time ... ?
I could manage to connect everything correctly on my own and even iron non-smd components but i'd just fail miserably putting it in decent looking case ('mechanic idiot') ?
THank you !

MAYA with BLE for BPBP will add IOS support.

After a long journey we have added IOS support to MAYA, so you may control your BPBP pleamplifier from your comfortable iphone.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• LaunchScreen.jpeg
    LaunchScreen.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 419
  • MayaScreen.jpeg
    MayaScreen.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 418
  • AboutMaya.jpeg
    AboutMaya.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 405
  • 3D.jpeg
    3D.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 399
I am interested in buying assembled / completed BBPB preamp with Maya remote volume control ... is there anyone who is selling that OR might be interested to do it one off ... i know this entire forum is DIY but with no time I'd be willing to pay for service of someone competent who has to invest time ... ?
I could manage to connect everything correctly on my own and even iron non-smd components but i'd just fail miserably putting it in decent looking case ('mechanic idiot') ?
THank you !

I do have one complete but without case. Same problem here, because I don't have the means to mechanically adapt a case to fit the BPBP + the Maya controller. It's quite frustrating and the biggest hurtle... well

I assemble mine some month ago (bpp + maya + dual soekris bal), i still have the fpd files that can be order to schaeffer ag, so you could have a perfectly fit front and rear panel. I use an hifi 2000 case as it take some more space with dac, but you can go for a smaller case like a galaxy.

I posted the fpd files in tibi maya bpp topic. PM me if you want some help.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.