• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Spent quite a few hours this evening going through and packaging stuff up.

Bare PCBs:
i-cH9mVHV.jpg

And for a laugh, we all know about the leaning tower of Pisa, right.
How about the leaning tower of Preamps?
i-MTg4fN6.jpg

And that's only about a quarter of them!

I'll start posting out probably Monday. I've opened an account with a courier so will use that instead of Royal Mail. All packages will be tracked and I'll send tracking / consignment numbers when I have them.

OMG, which courier? That will set me back another 40 euros, besides customs fees and domestic VAT.
Why would it be any different to another postal method?
I'll enquire tomorrow, but I wouldn't worry about it. The service I'm using is based on Swedish Post I think so chances are it would be the same result as if I used Royal Mail.

edit: When I say courier, I don't mean one of the big couriers like UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc. I actually meant a logistics company :) I'll speak to them tomorrow.

Tfboy

It usually is.

The taxing ranges are different for the native post and any other post used.

I.e. If you are sending a parcel using lcoal post to the country i.e. Royal mail the taxable amount is x USD.

If you are sending it using any other method it is reduced to say x/2.

So for royal mail you need to pay tax for items costing you 400usd and up and for a courier it is going to be applied for items costing 200usd and up.

As a result when amazon does a favor and ships to Russia using faster methods than standard ones people end up paying higher tax :)

This is defined by the laws of the receiving side, not the sending side :)

For example ins Singapore the taxing amount is the same regardless of the sending company.
Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Import duties you have to pay depend on which country it comes from and what it is (material, value), not from who-it-brings.

The who-it-brings will charge you for doing the importation process and pre-paying your import duties. The cost of that service differs per who-it-brings.

The best way to bring the total amount down is for the sender to declare as low a value as you can get away with.

Jan

OK, the logistics partner came to collect around 35 parcels today.
I mentioned the concerns about customs / import duty fees and he said it shouldn't be a problem. As these are not full "courier" packages, they are sent by normal methods which apparently fly under the radar so hopefully, no one should receive any extra costs. At least, nothing that will have been a result from my side.

All non-EU packages have CN22 declaration forms attached (I can't avoid that), but I'm hopeful it won't attract any unwanted attention.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.