Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3
Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2018, 07:44 PM   #381
Forane12 is offline Forane12  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Thanks! I will try to post some decent pictures in the swap meet as soon as possible, I am at work for the next 36 hours so it will probably be on Monday. Indeed if someone is interested and needs what it is the price is always better than the original offer

The sad fact that DIYers never have good enclosures to work with has always been a great problem for me, after the tukan guys stopped selling those magnificent half size cases I bought several of these Cyrus enclsoures which are simply a marvel to work with as they have been designed as one size fits all for the various devices Cyrus makes - you have a plethora of mounting holes inside, some of them have usable transformers as well, even small heat sinks at the back for low power amps or high power DACs , Cyrus supposedly used a special allow and you can change the front plate without much effort. It looks especially elegant in silver, sometimes you can buy a faulty one at a great price(no longer since I mentioned it here ).

I was lucky that the Maya display fit perfect with the front window so it really looks like a Cyrus preamp with tuner markings and a few extra buttons
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Case 1.jpg (78.2 KB, 413 views)
Old 6th January 2018, 08:59 PM   #382
NATDBERG is offline NATDBERG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I was kind of teasing with my post, sorry.

What era Cyrus is it? Early one, from the 80s? I have a non-working Cyrus tuner (the kind with the large front display) .. maybe it is of more use as a case (and selling the working parts e.g. transformer).

Like this one:

Click the image to open in full size.

I always appreciated how Meridian managed to turn regular, industrial extruded aluminium conduit(?) or something into some great industrial design for the time (with the 200 and 600 series).

Last edited by NATDBERG; 6th January 2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 6th January 2018, 09:10 PM   #383
diyAudio Member

No offence taken It was one of the latest FM devices they made, they can be bought cheap or a faulty one. Breaks my heart to kill a working device but do it for science...

This is severely off topic but I just never had the time to share my experience with the BPBP which of course sounds very good and the Maya that is probably one of the most complete and thoroughly engineered DIY kits ever. The combination just killed a Parasound preamp from the highest range...

There have always been great projects here and it would be great if we could put these in a nice enclosure, something that would complement the extreme level of engineering on some of the finished projects. We joke that most of the high end stuff is just pretty faces and much less substance but too many good devices never get finished because of mechanical problems.

I tried boxes from Corian which are easy to make when you have an experienced helper, that was a good option as well, my Paradise phono is in one of them but I wish we could make a GB for something like the Cyrus case...
Old 8th January 2018, 07:40 PM   #384
diyAudio Member

A few pictures as promised The boards are actually suspended and the enclosure opens at the bottom, Cyrus says it is good for the sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BPBP front.jpg (207.6 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg BPBP back.jpg (843.4 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg BPBP inside back.jpg (522.9 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg BPBP inside.jpg (546.3 KB, 225 views)
Old 9th January 2018, 06:02 AM   #385
tvicol is offline tvicol  Romania
diyAudio Member

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3 Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3
Nice implementation, Nicola !
Good luck with the sale !

Regards,
Tibi
Old 21st January 2018, 06:28 PM   #386
hanswolek is offline hanswolek  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Nice implementation, Nicola !
Good luck with the sale !

Regards,
Tibi
hi Tibi,
I am the lucky 'winner' - it is truly awesome. Have asked question on the 'Remote for BPBP thread' - Remote Control for the BPBP - Page 30 - diyAudio - as FW loaded is 1.2 would like to know where to download it from (1.4 or 1.3), as well as how to activate bluetooth (am in iPhone 8 and Nikola was using Android - maybe FW needs upgrade or i something else).

thank you Nikola - truly fantastic craftmanship and am enjoying it a lot !

Last edited by hanswolek; 21st January 2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typos
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:02 AM   #387
diyAudio Member

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3 Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3
Hi,

I have responded to you on other thread and pm as well.
A new firmware will be published when is ready. For now 1.2 is stable.
Maya for Android and Maya for IOS have different firmware and bluetooth modules.
iPhone make use of BLE technology. In order to have your Maya work with iPhone, you need another bluetooth module and to upload another firmware.

Regards,
Tibi
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:44 PM   #388
hanswolek is offline hanswolek  Spain
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvicol View Post
Hi,

I have responded to you on other thread and pm as well.
A new firmware will be published when is ready. For now 1.2 is stable.
Maya for Android and Maya for IOS have different firmware and bluetooth modules.
iPhone make use of BLE technology. In order to have your Maya work with iPhone, you need another bluetooth module and to upload another firmware.

Regards,
Tibi
Thank you Tibi,
so to get my Maya for BPBP (VolCB) with OLED display with firmware 1.2 to work with iPhone - could you advise
1. which bluetooth module to purchase to replace the other one that works only with Android phones ? Could i buy that from you/Vicol ?
2. Do i need to load different firmware after that to enable BLE Bluetooth module ? if yes - where could i download it ?

Thank you !
Old 4th February 2018, 02:43 PM   #389
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

A quick one here. I recall that initial board was XLR mounted and did not have mounting holes per se.

I have just finished one with the basic design without holes it sounds great though.

It is time to tun 6ch build managed by Maya and Voicb now. The boards are from last GB, would they have dedicated mounting holes ?
Old 5th February 2018, 06:19 AM   #390
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanswolek View Post
Thank you Tibi,
so to get my Maya for BPBP (VolCB) with OLED display with firmware 1.2 to work with iPhone - could you advise
1. which bluetooth module to purchase to replace the other one that works only with Android phones ? Could i buy that from you/Vicol ?
2. Do i need to load different firmware after that to enable BLE Bluetooth module ? if yes - where could i download it ?

Thank you !
1. You need a BLE module and I can offer one to you.
2. Yes, you need to upload different firmware to Maya as well.

Please contact me via email.

Brgds,
Tibi

Last edited by tvicol; 5th February 2018 at 06:22 AM.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy Part 3Hide this!Advertise here!