• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Canadian Heat Sink Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any interest in a Canadian Heat Sink Group Buy?

I have some quotes already, this one would be $40 per foot, that's Canadian Dollars. I would have to order at least 24 Feet, which realy is not that much. I do not mind having the goods shipped to me and I could reship across Canada or could arrange Pick up in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Regards

Anthony

Attachments

• e3096.zip
    90.5 KB · Views: 469
Here is a bit more information, the Heat Sink Extrusion E3096 at $28 US per foot (not Anodized) through a group buy starting at 24 feet.

48" = 0.08 C/W, this would be 4 x 12" peices set up as 2 sides each being 12"x24".

This would be perfect for an Aelph 1.2 Monoblock or a High Power Aelph X running at 200Watts into 6 Ohms! 28VDC Rails at 8Amps Bias with 16 FETs per channel, Heatsink Temperatures of 58 Deg Celsius.

http://www.thermaflo.com/bin/exdata...48&LengthUnits=in&SearchButton1=Change+Length

Regards

Anthony

bzo said:
Is this open to those of us in the US?

Will the heatsinks be cut, or would we be getting one long piece?

Yes it is, but as the supplier is in the US, I am trying to find a volunteer to redistribute all the US Material rather than shipping to Canada paying taxes and shipping back to the US.

They can be cut in equal divisions into 8 feet or you can take a bar length. I am looking into getting the cut sections black Anodized.

How much material were you looking for?

Regards

Anthony

bzo said:
I might be interested in 48". I'm building 3 40-50w Aleph-Xs and am planning to go with 2 12"x8" heatsinks per channel.

So I looked it up, an 8" section of this profile while rise 32 Deg Celsius above room temperature while dissapating 120 watts. a 12"x12" section dissapates the same power at a 23 Deg rise above room temperature.

Anthony

I have a reduction in price on Extrusion E3096 to $27 US per foot, this is based on a 48 foot purchase.

Each cut at the factory would be an additional $3. If you want the cut section anodized that would be $14 US each.

If we only buy 24 Feet, then the price is $28 US per foot.

Anodizing maybe cheaper to get done buy a local shop, the last time I had it done in Toronto, last year it was $100 CAD for 8 x 10" sections.

Anthony

Hi. Would it be cheaper to get it anodized without getting it cut? As it would be only 1 piece, set-up might be easier, hence a possibly lower price. I can always get it cut here, although the cut ends would be the original aluminum color. Another consideration is whether or not you can only get multiples of 4 feet, as I would prefer 5, maybe 6 feet. Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good price. Any idea on shipping costs? I live just outside of Toronto so I could pick it up there.

Hello Jeff, I did ask about anodizing before the cuts and there response was the same as yours. I would be happy to toss your order in with mine for the anodizing locally.

The bars are in 8 foot lengths, I may ask to have them cut in half to make shipping easier. I plan on cutting the 4 foot section into 4 equal length peices anyway.

More later

Anthony

Well I have another quote for a different profile from R-Theta. Profile # 65340 is the same profile as last years group buy.

This year's price is $54 CAD per 12" section which includes a finished product including Black Anodizing. That's FOB the Toronto Warehouse, shipping can be calculated at approximately $1 per pound. The 12" piece is about 11 pounds times the number of pieces required, equals your shipping costs.

We need a minimum of 50 pieces to make the price break of $54 or less. All taxes would also apply of course.

Here is some info on this extrusion.

Attachments

• 65340_0001.jpg
    65340_0001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 637
I have a finalized price for the R-Theta extrusion above.

12" Finish cut and Anodized will be $52.50 Ea. CAD assuming a group buy of 50 Pieces or more.

If we get to a 100 pieces the price drops to $49.58 CAD ea.

Thier is a setup charge of $50 that will be split amoungst the number of buyers, not the number of pieces. I think that sounds the most fair.

Regards

Anthony

65340 heatsink

I think I need to clear up any confusion right away as to the length of the heatsink I need. I'm building 2 Aleph5s (monoblocks) with another friend. I figured an 8" length of 65340 heatsink, on each side, would be sufficient for anAleph 5 monoblock. So, 12" in length is more than I need, however, if the cost of the 12" in a group buy is less than the price of an 8" bought separately, then I'd buy the 12" and throw a couple extra mosfets on the output and increase the bias. :cool:

Re: 65340 heatsink

Jeff Reeves said:
I think I need to clear up any confusion right away as to the length of the heatsink I need. I'm building 2 Aleph5s (monoblocks) with another friend. I figured an 8" length of 65340 heatsink, on each side, would be sufficient for anAleph 5 monoblock. So, 12" in length is more than I need, however, if the cost of the 12" in a group buy is less than the price of an 8" bought separately, then I'd buy the 12" and throw a couple extra mosfets on the output and increase the bias. :cool:

Hello Jeff, Exactly.... :)

2 Pieces of 8" extrusion would almost certainly cost 80% of the 12" cost in the group buy plus a min order amount plus a setup charge of at least $50.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.