• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas DCG-3 and DCSTB Power Supplies

Hi,
I did not find the detailed list of the items included in the full kit... or is it the BOM list at the end of the 1st post?!
I'm wondering if the "6x Silpads TO-220 and 6x plastic grommets TO-220" for the DCG-3 are included in the full kit?
Also I suppose that the regulators in the power supplies do not need insulation pads(?).
Thanks.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi,
I did not find the detailed list of the items included in the full kit... or is it the BOM list at the end of the 1st post?!
I'm wondering if the "6x Silpads TO-220 and 6x plastic grommets TO-220" for the DCG-3 are included in the full kit?
Also I suppose that the regulators in the power supplies do not need insulation pads(?).
Thanks.

Your correct.
The current location of the kits blog is here. (It's towards the bottom)
They moved them around a while back.

Salas Board Minikits and Full Kits - diyAudio

I wil check on first post.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The current GB for all Salas boards end of 12/3/2017.
I will be sending out private messages to all those on the spreadsheet with payment instructions, so I can send you an invoice.
If you are not on the spreadsheet, please sign up then send me a private message.
After the Group buy closes and boards are ordered, it should be between 4-6 weeks typically for me to get the boards and kits ready, and then to ship them out across the world.
Let me know if there are any questions.

Tea

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In that case use 2wire mode with thick cables because the reg must sense locally to its own output not to get confused between channels, and also see post #79 "Few words about power" in the DCG3's thread on what are the pk mA requirements.

In that case use 2wire mode with thick cables because the reg must sense locally to its own output not to get confused between channels, and also see post #79 "Few words about power" in the DCG3's thread on what are the pk mA requirements.

Thanks Salas, my present bib boards are built for BA-3 FE preamp board with DC output voltages of +/-25v. Considering the required for BA-3 using the trimmers I can reduce the voltage for DCG3. But I hope these build boards using the below part values should suffice the DCG3 if used as a regular preamp and some times to run my Sennheiser 598 cans.

2 of 1.9V LED, 1.8Kohm R303 and 5K trimmer. Option (c) from the BiB build (MOSFET output).
C102-202C-104 is 10uF MKT film capacitor
Q106 - IRPF9530, Q206 - IRF530 (Both MOSFET's)
4 RED LEDs for Dxx2,3,4 of voltage 2.1V
Total current (load) of 400mA and shunt current of 150mA so used MUR820 diodes
C102-202 and 104-204 used 4.7uF 63V MKT film cap
C101-201 is 220uF 63V. C103-203 is 47uF 50-63V. C105 is 10000uF 50-63V
R101-201 = 5.8 ohms of 5W dissipation (calculated per spreadsheet)
R106-206 used 270R for MOSFET output

Apart from that I have used 0,23x2 @1A (so 0,23 @500mA and 0,23 @500mA) dual rails RCORE transformer. Will be using the same for DCG3 as well. Please let me know if this looks fine.

thanks