• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas DCG-3 and DCSTB Power Supplies

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea Bag,

I'm just about to order a couple of resistors that were missing in the kit and would like to confirm that they are the correct ones for wattage and tolerance.
R1/R2 on DCSTB board and R9 on DCG3 board. my order is attached for confirmation.Mon panier | Mouser France

Could you also let me know how I could find out the wattage and tolerance for myself?

Many thanks.

66deg
R1/R2, are likely supposed to be the 1R resistors included in DCSTB part. They are blue/compared to the Dale brownish color.
R9 should be 100k, should have been in package.

Let me know what the PF5102 measurements are.

4.5-5.5ma - 1R
6-8ma-33R

These can all be 1/4-1/2W resistors. Vishay/Dale CMF55 is the default resistor brand/type which is rated at 1/2W, looks like a 1/4 resistor. let me know about the missing parts. I should refund you the cost any missing elements.

Yes I have 4 blue 1R resistors left over but the R1/R2 position is for 33R on the sheet,
have they been changed?

The R9 100K I only had one in the pack instead of two, I'm not bothered about any refund just wanted to check I am ordering the correct part.

I have done some tests of J1/J2 5102.
As I'm not 100% sure how to do the test here are my efforts.
L hand side J1 KG28 5102 -4mv
L hand side J2 KG28 5102 -4mv
R hand side J2 KG26 5102 -8mv
R hand side J1 KG08 51202 -9mv

If that is an incorrectly performed test could you let me know how I should be doing it?
I put the probes on outside legs and tried to get readings with different MM settings.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes I have 4 blue 1R resistors left over but the R1/R2 position is for 33R on the sheet,
have they been changed?

The R9 100K I only had one in the pack instead of two, I'm not bothered about any refund just wanted to check I am ordering the correct part.

I have done some tests of J1/J2 5102.
As I'm not 100% sure how to do the test here are my efforts.
L hand side J1 KG28 5102 -4mv
L hand side J2 KG28 5102 -4mv
R hand side J2 KG26 5102 -8mv
R hand side J1 KG08 51202 -9mv

If that is an incorrectly performed test could you let me know how I should be doing it?
I put the probes on outside legs and tried to get readings with different MM settings.

Did they have markings on the PF5102 at first, or on the package they came in? I usually pack them with 1R resistors if between 4.5-5.5 IDSS, and mark the bag accordingly telling you to do so. Your numbers look too crude to be accurate idss. What are you using to measure, and how?

The PF5102 had markings on the strips of tape holding them together, I realised they were matched and put them on the same board.
There were 4 J-fets in each bag but no resistors. I fitted all resistors first and as R1&R2 were top of the list they were the first ones I looked for so wrote missing on the list.
The 4x 1R were all together on one strip giving me 8 in total, I have used 4 in the RX/J position and have 4 leftover. I'm using a multimeter to test with one probe on each of the outer legs, then tried different settings until something (mv) gave me a reading.

OK, I have found the bag that says PF 5102 use 1R R1-R2.

I was following the sheet and overlooked this information, sorry for the mix-up.

Just one other small question for me to better understand how everything works, the devices that bolt onto the heatsinks DCSTB don't require a silpad and I was wondering why that is the case?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
OK, I have found the bag that says PF 5102 use 1R R1-R2.

I was following the sheet and overlooked this information, sorry for the mix-up.

Just one other small question for me to better understand how everything works, the devices that bolt onto the heatsinks DCSTB don't require a silpad and I was wondering why that is the case?

The heatsinks are anodized and not conductive. Try it with your multimeter.
One can still use grease there to help with surface, but not necessary if the bolt/nut have a good connection.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Silpad impedes thermal transfer to a substantial degree. Because I want full efficiency of those board level sinks that aren't touching the chassis, I prefer non isolated direct mounting with thermal grease only. If there's reason for the sinks to be electrically isolated, not only Silpads but also nylon grommets for the screws are needed.

Hi Tea,

I have been reading through the main thread and came across your blog with tips and advice in it. I had a look and thought it wise to check C1 & C2 , I installed C2 in its position because it has 330 stamped on it and likewise C1 has 100 stamped on it. Now I have checked them with the MM and C2 measures 0.99 with the MM set to 20K ohms and C1 measures 0.33 with the MM set to 20M ohms. Have I incorrectly installed them by following the stamped number?