Make Your Own Muffsy Phono Stage Group Buy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Pick a color for the board!
Red 2 8.00%
Yellow 4 16.00%
Green 1 4.00%
Blue 0 0%
Black 11 44.00%
White 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th June 2016, 11:09 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Make Your Own Muffsy Phono Stage Group Buy

Hey everyone! AudioKarma memeber Skrodahl has been generous enough to provide the gerber files for an alternative version of his Muffsy phono stage PCB for use by the DIY audio community. For those that are interested I would like to organize a group buy for the PCBs and the parts. Skrodahl wants me to make sure that those involved are aware that although these are based directly on his well-regarded Muffsy Phono, they are not yet tested. However, they are basically the same as the original Muffsy, with the only changes being the placement and spacing of the components.

I have attached a Mouser BOM for everyone to look over. I want this to be a community effort, so please feel free to recommend different components or point out any missing pieces.

I have a reliable PCB printer that can make good 2 layer ENIG boards for between $3 and $5 each, depending on the size of the order, and the components will be about $35ish per set. Before shipping.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Group buy is now for the circuit boards ONLY. Due to the lack of significant discount when ordering the components in bulk, plus the extra packaging materials (200+ anti-static bags) I've decided it just makes more sense to provide the Bill of Materials (BOM) and allow everyone to order the components for shipment directly to themselves. I''ve added the BOM to the sign up sheet linked below. It's on the second tab on the bottom of the sheet. THIS IS THE MOST CURRENT BOM.

Here's a link to a Google Docs sheet to sign up for the group buy: Group Buy Sign Up Form

Pricing is now included on the sign up sheet! The PCB price is dynamic, so it changes as more people sign up.
  • Shipping prices are only entered for the US right now, I will update pricing to other countries soon.

Here's some renderings:

Click the image to open in full size.

UPDATE!

I am now offering a power supply PCB for the phono stage! Here's some preview images:

I've also added a third sheet to the sign up form with a BOM for the power supply. It includes a 120v AC-AC adapter that will work with this board, but it is a North American plug, so international buyers please be aware of this and find a suitable alternative.

Also, and this is important, THIS IS AN UNTESTED PRODUCT! I cannot guarantee that it will work perfectly, and by ordering you agree that you are helping to test this product. I am not responsible or liable to any damages to your property. With that said, it is based on a Skrodahl's design with the components moved around for ease of access to wiring terminals and to allow for larger components if one desires.

For the first 10 units ordered they will be $7.80 a piece, with a minimum order of 10. Price breaks will start at unit number 11.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MYOMuffsyBOM.zip (10.1 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by muddyboots; 27th June 2016 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added sign form link
Old 8th June 2016, 12:31 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Schematic:

Settings:

Last edited by skrodahl; 8th June 2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 9th June 2016, 03:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Here's an updated BOM with VIshay film capacitors. These will be a huge upgrade in sound at a low cost. This is going to be an excellent phono stage!
Attached Files
File Type: zip UpdatedMuffsyBOM.zip (10.1 KB, 68 views)
Old 9th June 2016, 07:07 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I am interested...
Old 9th June 2016, 07:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudaindc View Post
I am interested...
Great! I'm hoping to get at least 10 people committed before initiating the order. I have another post about it on AudioKarma, so any interest there will be grouped together in that 10. Hopefully we can get this going soon.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Old 9th June 2016, 08:00 PM   #6
mforys is offline mforys  United States
diyAudio Member

Count me in for one.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:05 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I`m interested..

1 components + 3 pcb
Old 10th June 2016, 11:28 AM   #8
1108 is offline 1108  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm in for one.
Old 10th June 2016, 12:35 PM   #9
mforys is offline mforys  United States
diyAudio Member

Update. I want one with components, one PCB.
Old 10th June 2016, 12:44 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Wink Is the PCB size the same?

You noted that the component spacing has been altered compared to Muffsy board. Does this also means that the board dimensions are different?

Muffsy PCB Size: 84 x 56 mm

Hide this!Advertise here!