• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas I-Select Mesmerize Type input selector and volume control

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Guys need help on the stepped volume attenuator that I got recently to use with the Salas mesmerize source selector board instead of the RK27 pot. Here is the wiring diagram from the designer and I want to know how these connections go to the mesmerize volume pins. Ground pins are fine from the build guide manual and the only confusion is with the IN/Out dual pins which one goes for Left/Right.

HWKciUX.jpg

Salas, can you please help.

I'd like to know how to wire the Hypnotise & the Mezmorize up with an 834 Phono stage.

Am I right in thinking that all the RCA Phono, CD etc, inputs all go to IN 1-6. Then the OUT from the Mezmorize Board, go to the Input of the 834 Phono stage, then the output from the 834 then go's to the Input of the Hypnotize Buffer & from there the output goes to a pair of RCA output sockets to an Amplifier.

Also I have an Antek AS-1215 transformer. Can you suggest how best to wire this unit up to Both the Mezmorize & Hypnotize Boards.
For UK 230V use please.

Thanks in anticipation James

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The turntable's signal cable goes to the 834 phono stage's input. The output of that phono stage is line level and goes to one of the selector's input positions. Like the others. CD, TV, Tuner etc. From the selector's output (that board includes a volume pot) you connect to the buffer's input and from the buffer's output to the power amp.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nearby black and red you connect together. Now the two primaries are in series and its a 230 VAC input transformer. Remaining red and black each one goes to the mains phase and neutral respectively. Purple is the static shield and it goes to mains earth. You connect the chassis to the mains earth too.

Nearby blue and green go to the center screw of the buffer's transformer input connector. Remaining blue and green go to that connector's side screws respectively.

You can tap off from one secondary (green & blue of one same coil) to power with AC the input selector's fully populated local supply too. It has AC-in two way connector.

Attachments

• AS_1215__51240.1387573402.1280.1280.jpg
    AS_1215__51240.1387573402.1280.1280.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 486