• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

I am using a balanced version of the Maya with the AMB differential line stage. The differential line stage can accept SE or Bal input as long as the controller can ground the negative pin when the input is SE. Is it possible to set the Maya up to do this and still have option of balanced input on second input spot? I am including a diagram from the AMB site.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    4 KB · Views: 337
I am using a balanced version of the Maya with the AMB differential line stage. The differential line stage can accept SE or Bal input as long as the controller can ground the negative pin when the input is SE. Is it possible to set the Maya up to do this and still have option of balanced input on second input spot? I am including a diagram from the AMB site.

Yes, you can set up Maya for such operation.

Regards,
Tibi

How would I go about doing that. My question is largely based on how to ground the negative phase input of the balanced line stage when the signal is SE. Do I use a jumper on the input and the controller wil silly feed this through to the output?

Exactly like in your schematic, in SE mode your input will be grounded by the input selector switch.
Below drawing is for one balanced/se channel.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20160925_006.jpg
    20160925_006.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 313
Tibi. Still somewhat confused. How does the controller know if input 1 has an SE or Bal connection attached. If the same input is used for both SE and balanced, it must be able to distinguish between the two in order to ground the output. AS I understand it, In the pic included, the SE connection is on a different input(designated by the hollow dot) from the balanced.

Based on the pic below, it would seem that I need to use two inputs on one board, one for the SE and one for the balanced. On the input for the SE, the negative phase pin on the input should be grounded.

Attachments

• preamp.png
    preamp.png
    4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Hi buzzforb,
this is how you must connect Maya to use with your preamp board.

Attachments

• preamp.png
    preamp.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 276
Buzz, the controlled will attenuate whatever you attach to it. The way you do this may be different.
To help you, I need to know your exact topology. Do you want to alternate balanced with se inputs ?
Do you want that channel selection to be done trough Maya.
Do you use a truly balanced amplifier (two separate channels for each balanced channel), or just and balanced input amplifier ?

Regards,
Tibi

OK, I have nother issue. When the board is powere up, the display shows Quasar amplifier....detecting temperature...then gives a overheating warning. As I had planned on using this as a standalone controller, I removed the temperature sensors and may have thrown them away. Can i circumvent this temperature sensor issue? Also, is there a way to remove/change the Quasar intro.

OK, I have nother issue. When the board is powere up, the display shows Quasar amplifier....detecting temperature...then gives a overheating warning. As I had planned on using this as a standalone controller, I removed the temperature sensors and may have thrown them away. Can i circumvent this temperature sensor issue? Also, is there a way to remove/change the Quasar intro.

Hi buzzforb ,
please see post number #197 in this thread.Upload that hex file in your Maya.
That is the firmware that meet your request.
And I think that firmware have the temperature monitoring disable (but must check on this - will be back with info).
Best regards.