• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass M2 Clone Boards with 120mm UMS spacing by Tea-Bag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
This is group buy for a M2 Clone board based on the schematic released by Nelson Pass of the discontinued FirstWatt amplifier.

IMG_5267.JPG

The amplifier boards have been tested and are functional. They appear to fit well in a standard diyAudioStore chassis.

I have posted a good deal of my implementation on a separate blog post. The intention of the blog post is of the basic building notes of the amplifier.

Teabag M2Clone Blog

I intend to offer the boards as a standalone item, or shipped with the Edcor transformers themselves. The later may require some 6 week plus delay once the GB has ended. The cost for a pair of Edcor transformers with some included shipping costs is $18.00

The boards themselves will be offered at $24.00. They are one board with two mirrored panels for a unique left and right channel. This is needed to keep the transformers as far away from the power transformer as possible towards the back of a standard amplifier chassis.

Matching Power supply boards that I have offered for some time are available for $25.00 and are listed under the following blog.

Dual Rail Power Supply Blog

IMG_14511.jpg

The cost of the Edcor transformers are not that expensive, but I suspect overseas domestic shipping to be high, and even ordering them locally will set you back 15.00 for shipping, more than the cost of the transformers. So I am hoping to offset the costs there a bit, and make sure they are well packed.

Here is a list of parts I used, it is not a recommendation, except for say, the transformer itself ;)

TeaBags BOM for M2C , for reference only Google Speadsheet

SHIPPING: Update 4/18
Domestic shipping is 8.00
International shipping breakdown:
International (First Class Package = FCP) (First Class Flat = FCF)

1 M2C board is a stereo board. 1 Edcor is a stereo set (a pair), 1 MOSFET is 2N/2P MOSFET

2 M2C 2 PS, 2 Edcor , 2 MOSFET = 24.00 (FCP)
1 M2C, 1 PS 1 Edcor, 1 Mosfet 24.00 (FCP)
1 M2C 0 PS, 1 Edcor 1 Mosfet 24.00 (FCP) ---- Above as Priority Mail Express = 65.00

1 M2C, 1 PS, 1 MOSFET = 14.00 (FCF)
1 M2C 0 OS 1 MOSFET = 8.00 (FCF)

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I would like a stereo pair of your M-2 boards and 2 of your power supply boards. Please PM me total and email you would like paypal to go to.

Thanks,

Russellc

I will send an invoice to you later.
I will send out private messages in a week or so asking for email addresses to send Paypal invoices to. For now I want to get the transformers in, and box em up and see what it cost to ship them around the world. Small, marginal ambitions for me.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I will send an invoice to you later.
I will send out private messages in a week or so asking for email addresses to send Paypal invoices to. For now I want to get the transformers in, and box em up and see what it cost to ship them around the world. Small, marginal ambitions for me.

Cool, you are going to have transformers too? Great, may as well get another set of the Edcors. Your power supply boards are the bomb, I used them on my BA-3 and F-6.

Russellc

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Cool, you are going to have transformers too? Great, may as well get another set of the Edcors. Your power supply boards are the bomb, I used them on my BA-3 and F-6.

Russellc

Yes-I think ordering transformers for people will save them some money, but may delay the time to build. For most though it will mean higher shipping costs, assuming I have to do some double box like shipping for the setup.

The boards themselves will be little to ship, the power supplies a bit more, they are big heavy 3oz copper boards.

The power supply boards were a vision I had drawing in my chassis and a few others who had ones on what would best fit. They were literally made a few different designs on paper first and slapped them in a chassis. I suspect however the diode portion will be problematic in the standard diyAudio Store chassis with all it holes in the bottom of the chassis.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes-I think ordering transformers for people will save them some money, but may delay the time to build. For most though it will mean higher shipping costs, assuming I have to do some double box like shipping for the setup.

The boards themselves will be little to ship, the power supplies a bit more, they are big heavy 3oz copper boards.

The power supply boards were a vision I had drawing in my chassis and a few others who had ones on what would best fit. They were literally made a few different designs on paper first and slapped them in a chassis. I suspect however the diode portion will be problematic in the standard diyAudio Store chassis with all it holes in the bottom of the chassis.

Yup, say can I go ahead and get one power supply board now for the current M-2 I am building? I need that one now, still would need another one along with a set of M-2 boards and transformers whenever that comes about...

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.