GB Pass M2 Clone Boards with 120mm UMS spacing by Tea-Bag - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2016, 07:46 PM   #1
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Default GB Pass M2 Clone Boards with 120mm UMS spacing by Tea-Bag

This is group buy for a M2 Clone board based on the schematic released by Nelson Pass of the discontinued FirstWatt amplifier.

Click the image to open in full size.

The amplifier boards have been tested and are functional. They appear to fit well in a standard diyAudioStore chassis.

I have posted a good deal of my implementation on a separate blog post. The intention of the blog post is of the basic building notes of the amplifier.

Teabag M2Clone Blog

I intend to offer the boards as a standalone item, or shipped with the Edcor transformers themselves. The later may require some 6 week plus delay once the GB has ended. The cost for a pair of Edcor transformers with some included shipping costs is $18.00

The boards themselves will be offered at $24.00. They are one board with two mirrored panels for a unique left and right channel. This is needed to keep the transformers as far away from the power transformer as possible towards the back of a standard amplifier chassis.

Matching Power supply boards that I have offered for some time are available for $25.00 and are listed under the following blog.

Dual Rail Power Supply Blog

Click the image to open in full size.

The cost of the Edcor transformers are not that expensive, but I suspect overseas domestic shipping to be high, and even ordering them locally will set you back 15.00 for shipping, more than the cost of the transformers. So I am hoping to offset the costs there a bit, and make sure they are well packed.

Here is a list of parts I used, it is not a recommendation, except for say, the transformer itself

TeaBags BOM for M2C , for reference only Google Speadsheet

Please sign up on the spreadsheet linked in my signature to show your interest. I will keep the GB open till at least 2/28/16, or longer if interest if lacking.
Salas Boards GB 2016#3 Closed ON ORDER | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits In Stock, PM| M2CBoards and transformers In stock

Last edited by Tea-Bag; 19th February 2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10th February 2016, 10:40 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I would like a stereo pair of your M-2 boards and 2 of your power supply boards. Please PM me total and email you would like paypal to go to.

Thanks,

Russellc
Old 10th February 2016, 10:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Good looking boards.
Old 11th February 2016, 12:18 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder1982 View Post
Good looking boards.
Thanks!
Salas Boards GB 2016#3 Closed ON ORDER | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits In Stock, PM| M2CBoards and transformers In stock
Old 11th February 2016, 12:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
I would like a stereo pair of your M-2 boards and 2 of your power supply boards. Please PM me total and email you would like paypal to go to.

Thanks,

Russellc
I will send an invoice to you later.
I will send out private messages in a week or so asking for email addresses to send Paypal invoices to. For now I want to get the transformers in, and box em up and see what it cost to ship them around the world. Small, marginal ambitions for me.
Old 11th February 2016, 02:13 AM   #6
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Signed up for one M2 pair and one PSU board
Old 11th February 2016, 04:46 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
I will send an invoice to you later.
I will send out private messages in a week or so asking for email addresses to send Paypal invoices to. For now I want to get the transformers in, and box em up and see what it cost to ship them around the world. Small, marginal ambitions for me.
Cool, you are going to have transformers too? Great, may as well get another set of the Edcors. Your power supply boards are the bomb, I used them on my BA-3 and F-6.

Russellc
Old 11th February 2016, 05:31 AM   #8
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Tea-bag. Would be waiting for hearing on the all in price for transformers shipped to Singapore

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Old 11th February 2016, 10:55 AM   #9
HH is offline HH  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thanks for doing this. I would be interested in PCB's and transformers.
Old 11th February 2016, 02:29 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
Cool, you are going to have transformers too? Great, may as well get another set of the Edcors. Your power supply boards are the bomb, I used them on my BA-3 and F-6.

Russellc
Yes-I think ordering transformers for people will save them some money, but may delay the time to build. For most though it will mean higher shipping costs, assuming I have to do some double box like shipping for the setup.

The boards themselves will be little to ship, the power supplies a bit more, they are big heavy 3oz copper boards.

The power supply boards were a vision I had drawing in my chassis and a few others who had ones on what would best fit. They were literally made a few different designs on paper first and slapped them in a chassis. I suspect however the diode portion will be problematic in the standard diyAudio Store chassis with all it holes in the bottom of the chassis.

Hide this!Advertise here!