• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass SONY VFET Version 2 - AL Boards by Tea-Bag

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am currently out of boards.

I am going to do another small run of them, as some have been able to get good pairs from the diyaudiostore GB.

On that note, I have some extra VFETS I am trying to make pairs for. So if anyone has any spare 2SJ28 parts, let me know. I wish to buy them and try to match them with my stash. If not, I will have some singles to spare for both N and P channel parts.

I am currently out of boards.

I am going to do another small run of them, as some have been able to get good pairs from the diyaudiostore GB.

On that note, I have some extra VFETS I am trying to make pairs for. So if anyone has any spare 2SJ28 parts, let me know. I wish to buy them and try to match them with my stash. If not, I will have some singles to spare for both N and P channel parts.

I have some j28s tested and marked please pm me.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I am going to do another small run of these boards.
There are a few people who have asked for them, as they were able to obtain some pairs out there, and want to make the paired version.

So if you want in on this GB, let me know as soon as possible. I will be closing the GB on 11/20/16

I will sending out Private messages to the people who have shown interest.

Tea,

how does your circuit compare to the kit version they are currently signing up for in the main thread?

I have no vfets and my concern is if I have to buy the complete kits now to get those?

also: how does the original version with 2 pairs per channel compare to this one? would your pcbs still be usable? (sorry that I did not do the homework).

I need min 30W/ch@8ohm and my options are either the 2 pair per channel version or to run these single pair versions bridged with a balanced preamp (not sure what that would add up to in terms of noise and sound though).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea,

how does your circuit compare to the kit version they are currently signing up for in the main thread?

I have no vfets and my concern is if I have to buy the complete kits now to get those?

also: how does the original version with 2 pairs per channel compare to this one? would your pcbs still be usable? (sorry that I did not do the homework).

I need min 30W/ch@8ohm and my options are either the 2 pair per channel version or to run these single pair versions bridged with a balanced preamp (not sure what that would add up to in terms of noise and sound though).

This version compares only to the original Sony VFET version 2 design Nelson originally designed, and requires 8 VFETs total, 2 Matched Pairs of 2SK82 and 2 pairs of 2SJ28s.

If you do not have matched pairs of VFETs, this board set if not for you!

I have not listened to the single paired version for comparison, but I have heard it it very close in sound, but not in output wattage.

Got it. THX.

I am also getting caught up on the threads and I have already answered my own questions. it is your board that I would need if I was lucky to get the matched vfets in sufficient numbers. the issue is the kits built around the single pair version have the advantage in diyaudio store, so I shall have to wait and see.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Error on latest release of boards!!!

To those who got the recent boards.
The output boards are defective, the traces are on the wrong side of the board (should be on botttom).

Please don't build on them. I Will get them replaces asap.

So the boards, the front end, and output boards have the silkscreens printed on the wrong side of the board. So, they are deffective by way on instructions. Unless you can build a board confidently upside down, please wait until I send out new boards. This will only be for users who have purchased boards for the GB that closed on 11/20/2016. Let me know if there there are any questions.