• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Pass SONY VFET Version 2 - AL Boards by Tea-Bag

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have no problem with releasing the gerber files for this project. The problem is that I had to work with the board houses to make sure there were no plated through holes where the TO-3 parts are. So I think the gerbers are accurate from a manufacturing perspective, I had to be certain with board house that they were done right, and a couple of batches were not and had to be redone. So someone could potentially lose a lot of money trying to reproduce the boards, or at least , make an expensive en devour trying to get the amplifier together.
These are Nelsons intellectual property with only real changes made where to make the board modular.

Hey I think we have enough people for group buy.
If I am not mistaken list is:

Luke - 1 pair of FE boards only.
RainfallSky - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
Telstar - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
dsdjoy - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.
sorenb - 5 pair of FE and Output boards.

I actually 'only' need four sets (8 boards OS+IS) and put me up for five to get the GB going

sorenb - 4 pair of FE and Output boards. + 4 pair of FE
arky - 4 pair of FE and Output boards
zeroalbedo - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.

@teabag what is the timeframe for kicking off the GB?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I actually 'only' need four sets (8 boards OS+IS) and put me up for five to get the GB going

sorenb - 4 pair of FE and Output boards. + 4 pair of FE
arky - 4 pair of FE and Output boards
zeroalbedo - 1 pair of FE and Output boards.

@teabag what is the timeframe for kicking off the GB?

I can do it in one week I think, if I get a fair amount of boards.
I can keep the price static if I get 10pairs (20 boards) or each ordered and then eventually sell. Need at least half that to not cry to the bank hoping to sell the rest. :)
I will put up a spreadsheet, and you can pay at anytime. (PM or leave email in spreadsheet) and I can invoice you. As long as there is enough momentum in one week I will order them and have a little extra stock. Keep in mind if you do not have dual pairs, and are using a single pair, please don't hussle me for the changes in the design. I have not even looked into the published design for one pair, as I am happy with the dual pair I have and don't have extra heatsinking or time to play with a single pair set. If someone wants to edit the schematic here ( as it applies to this board set - what to leave empty. Please feel free to add.

Check signature for spreadsheet shortly.
I recommend ordering the Pin kits directly, although they cost an arm and a leg. I am going to check to see if the TO-3 cans are available still, and if anybody wants them. I have a couple pairs left. There are spots for the To-247, so not a big deal.

Last edited: