• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bruno Putzeys Balanced Preamp - Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

as discussed in this thread, I'm organising a Group Buy for

- 'blank' PCBs, and
- fully built modules

of Bruno Putzeys' Balanced Preamp / volume controller unit.

Here is the background and description of design and concept: http://www.hypex.nl/component/weblinks/weblink/23-application-notes/97-g-word.html?task=weblink.go

PCBs as well as fully built modules will be professionally produced at Bruns Elektronik here in Germany.

Group Buy will start as soon as we have reached the following quantities:

PCBs: 30 units.
The price per PCB (stereo unit, 'blank, without parts) will be 23.30€ + shipping. If we manage to get to 50 PCBs, the price will go down to 17.25€.
PCBs are FR4 material, 1.5mm, double sided with solder resist, mounting print one sided, nickel/gold min. 0,05μ Au to IPC Class 2, visual and electric testing.

Fully built module: 20 units.
The price per fully built unit (stereo unit, professional series production, incl. parts) will be 334€ + shipping.
The BoM for the parts used (including ELNA capacitors, 1% Vishay caps, Neutrik connectors, Hypex HxR12 regulators etc.) can be found here: http://1drv.ms/1W0T7dR

I have set up an Excel Online spreadsheet for your participation here:
http://1drv.ms/1Kqpavx
Please enter your user name and the amount of 'blank' PCBs and/or fully built modules you wish to order. As soon as we have reached the threshold of 30 units for the PCBs and/or 20 fully built units, I'll go ahead and place the order to start production.

For any further information or details, please contact me per PM any time.

Thank you,
Robert

EDIT:
As Jacco has pointed out rightly here, I should have mentioned in the first place that I have asked and received permission and approval from Bruno Putzeys to do this.

Last edited:
This sounds very interesting. I built a pair of Ncore NC400 monoblocks but that was reaching about the limit of my soldering and DIY skills. Could you kindly go into a bit more detail of what the "fully built module" will consist of? Like is it just the pcb module built, or will it contain input/output connectors, case, etc etc? Thanks in advance...

Could you kindly go into a bit more detail of what the "fully built module" will consist of? Like is it just the pcb module built, or will it contain input/output connectors, case, etc etc?

Many thanks for your interest!

"Fully built modules" here means that all the parts from the BoM will be mounted, the board will be fully populated. So this does include the input/output connectors (which are mounted on the board), but no case. (I will have to figure out which case to use myself, but haven't come so far yet)

Many thanks for your interest!

"Fully built modules" here means that all the parts from the BoM will be mounted, the board will be fully populated. So this does include the input/output connectors (which are mounted on the board), but no case. (I will have to figure out which case to use myself, but haven't come so far yet)

Thanks for the info Bertel... How many and what type inputs/outputs will this have? (I'm sure this info is probably in the schematic but I'm not great at reading those).
Re: the case if you are able to find a suitable nice one so that the "fully built module" option could be more ready-to-use (I guess it would also need power supply (?) but presume one could use any third-party supply) then I'd be very interested in that and willing to pay more for such a "complete" build.

Yes, it's in the schematic - this stereo module has two stereo XLR inputs (including a toggle switch triggering a relay to select the input) and one stereo XLR output.

Regarding the case, let me see what I come up with for myself. Usually different people here have different tastes and requirements in that regard, do not sure if a group buy for a case would make sense. Will report my findings.

Bertel, I don't know if this would be practical or not, but I've worked with a few sheet metal fabricators to make custom-designed cases for my amplifiers.

I'd be happy to come up with a very simple (cheap) design with all the cutouts and holes ready for the board.

If we have a group buy with at least 10 people buying, it starts to make economic sense. Let me know if this is something you'd like me to look into. :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: the case if you are able to find a suitable nice one so that the "fully built module" option could be more ready-to-use (I guess it would also need power supply (?) but presume one could use any third-party supply) then I'd be very interested in that and willing to pay more for such a "complete" build.

I have build mine in a small HIFI2000 case with machined rear panel from Frontpanel Express to take up all the I/O connectors. If anyone is interested I can post the design file you need to send to FPE for machining.

Jan

Attachments

• putzeys rear.png
    putzeys rear.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 943
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.