• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Your ultimate bluetooth remote controll - BluThor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When we started Shigaclone project one of the challenges was to get a compatible remote control.
Finally managed to get original chip for infrared remote, but in the same we started to think on a modern alternative solution using a mobile phone over bluetooth.
Mobile phones are more and more part of our life and it make perfect sense to implement such function in a modern audio equipment.
Our goal was to make a remote that is flexible and easy to implement on any audio device which use push buttons.

The operation of BluThor is very simple. A set of reed relays are connected over each push-button you want to control. Commands sent via bluetooth are activating these relays for 200ms. Reed relays are fast, quiet, operate at very low current and offer required galvanic isolation.

494486d1437338794t-finally-affordable-cd-transport-shigaclone-story-20150719_003.jpg

With BluThor you can control any CD player who use push buttons on front panel.
No matter is an old or new CD player, BluThor will make your CD player remote controllable over bluetooth.
You may also use bluthor on your amplifier, dac or any other audio device who use push buttons.

A short video illustrating the way this operate.
https://www.facebook.com/VicolAudio/videos/vb.249865451745549/950563905009030/?type=2&theater

I intend to open a group buy and offer BluThor ready mounted and tested at 75 euro.
Shipping is 8 euro worldwide and paypal fee 4%.
A batch of 50 units is in production.

Android application can be already downloaded from our webpage vicol audio : MAYA - your ultimate volume-controller
A port to IOS is under work and if there will be interest we may port to other operating systems as well.

Please leave you name here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akdw7voB00Mjip6xOOEdnGupMPCSkzSy9rN6sdw0Lg4/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
A clarification

Seems that people did not understand bluthor operation and on which equipments can be used.

In short, bluthor is operating like a remote push button activator.
You can use bluthor with original JVC EZ31 Shigaclone, any Marantz CD player, any Naim CD player, any Philips CD player and almost any other players, DAC's and any device which have push buttons.
You can use bluthor with other devices too. With your fridge, air conditioning, garage door etc.

Bluthor will activate anything which have push buttons. :)

Regards,
Tibi

That's pretty neat, you might be able to pair it with my app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jgaudioremote.JGinfo&hl=en

Or I can re-write it to pair it with those controls and send some bluetooth commands to it.

Bluthor is a hardware bluetooth adaptor and software for remote control almost any device.
ANY DEVICE who do NOT have bluetooth or Infrared Control with BluThor may become remote controlled.
For example: an old Philips CD player, or selecting inputs on an preamplifier/amplifie, or anything else who use push buttons.
We provide hardware and also software using a proprietary protocol.
A google play application is nothing without hardware.
If you amplifier already have bluetooth remote control, than you may use one of these android application by using bluettoth avdtp profile.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluthor is a hardware bluetooth adaptor and software for remote control almost any device.
ANY DEVICE who do NOT have bluetooth or Infrared Control with BluThor may become remote controlled.
For example: an old Philips CD player, or selecting inputs on an preamplifier/amplifie, or anything else who use push buttons.
We provide hardware and also software using a proprietary protocol.
A google play application is nothing without hardware.
If you amplifier already have bluetooth remote control, than you may use one of these android application by using bluettoth avdtp profile.

Regards,
Tibi

Yes, I know it needs a hardware component to pair with.

I'm saying, if you tell me what bluetooth commands to send to the bluthor, I can make some mods to my app for you.

Yes, I know it needs a hardware component to pair with.

I'm saying, if you tell me what bluetooth commands to send to the bluthor, I can make some mods to my app for you.

We use Bluetooth SPP profile and send simple numeric 1,2,3,4 etc for each function.
I think you make use of standard profile AVRCP. If you mod you app to match bluthor this will work only with bluthor, unless you'll switch profiles.
Can you port your app to IOS, BB or Win ?

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.