Waveguide to suit Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2014, 09:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Joe Rasmussen
Default Waveguide to suit Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300 GB

WAVEGUIDE SOON AVAILABLE - ADVANCE ORDER DISCOUNT:

Suit Tweeters - Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300 or similar.

Normally AUD $190 per Pair including Air Postage anywhere.

Group Buy: Pre-orders for the first month Special AUD $150 per Pair (all orders taken during November).

To suit Peerless HDS/Scan-Speak D2608/91300 - may also be adapted to other same size 1" Tweeters.

100 Pairs has to be made and will be made, so please help out if you can.

Here is one example of usage: Click - Elsinore Loudspeaker Project

Click the image to open in full size.

3D rendered image.

Shipping will be flat rate anywhere in the world and the pair will be $190 AUD from December onward.

Payment via PayPal address joeras@vacuumstate.com is OK. Also, in Australia, bank transfer is available.

Material: I should have the first sample in about a week. The material is known as ACETAL HOMOPOLYMER and with a slightly roughed surface, which means, while being Black will suit most, it could be sprayed any colour with a $10 can of enamel.

Diameter: 148mm, to suit 150mm cut-out.

My Industrial Designer's comments: Acetal combines lubricity and wear resistance with the stiffness and strength needed in parts designed to replace metal. It is a highly-crystalline polymer that has high stiffness and strength without the need for glass reinforcement, allowing for thinner and lighter part design. It offers outstanding low and high temperature performance, good colorability, and good mating with metal and other polymers. About the best 'plastic' there is.

Group Buy: I basically have already pushed the switch and gone ahead with a considerable monetary outlay, for 100 pairs - that is why those who come in early will get a favourable price. Keep in mind that the cost will cover Air Mail as high as AUD $44.00 to Europe and only slightly less to the US - and will also need to cover PayPal fees as I suspect most will use that method of payment, which means that credit cards can be used.

When I get the sample, hopefully about a week, I will post a photo.

In the meantime, anyone has any comments to make?

Cheers, Joe

Below: Elsinore Mk6 Loudspeakers using this Waveguide. Click the image to open in full size.

(Using Waveguides made by Joel Wesseling - he made small batches only.)

Last edited by Joe Rasmussen; 3rd November 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:48 AM   #2
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

This will "set back" the tweeter from it's previous location.

How far back does it go?

What is that in milli-seconds of delay?
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:15 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Joe Rasmussen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
This will "set back" the tweeter from it's previous location.

How far back does it go?

What is that in milli-seconds of delay?
Relative to the flush surface of the Tweeter, is offset by 18mm. Since 1 Meter is about 2.9mS, then about 0.5mS for 18mm. Keep in mind, the VC is further back still and likely to be the actual AC, or Acoustic Centre, which is a very fleeting thing to put a number to.

But this Waveguide does indeed help with the Crossover and I have used this Waveguide design in a number of projects now - it does makes things better.

May I also say that it significantly improves the performance of this Tweeter, improves power handling, lowers distortion that is so normal to dome Tweeters and it is very audible.

Note the Elsinore Mk6 design uses an LC trap with values of 2mH and 33uF - this trick and the Waveguide means that only a single cap of around 1.5uF to 2.2uF makes for even lower distortion. It is a terrific combination that deserves to be widely used.

Cheers, Joe

PS: The Elsinore Mk6 Crossover below - worth looking at as an example:

Last edited by Joe Rasmussen; 3rd November 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!