• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My_Ref Fremen Edition GB (fifth run)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Boards arrived

They should be packed and shipped by the end of next week.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20141121_094153[1].jpg
    IMG_20141121_094153[1].jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 238
Texas Compoents R12

Hi Dario,

Looking on the Texas Components webdirect store, they currently sell the ASM2575 as a 2512 size surface mount. I am guessing that this would be a tough fit on the board because the standard Susumu in this position is an 0805. Do you have any other concerns with the ASM2575? I don't see the ASMP offered.

Jac

Looking on the Texas Components webdirect store, they currently sell the ASM2575 as a 2512 size surface mount. I am guessing that this would be a tough fit on the board because the standard Susumu in this position is an 0805.

2512 are way too big, maybe you can manage to use them on TH positions.

I don't see the ASMP offered.

They have them too:

VSMP (Z Foil)

But not suitable values...

Before opening the web store they used to sell direct via email (I've buyed mines that way):

resistorinfo@texascomponents.com

Maybe you can try too.
Can I get 2 kits?
Please?

Sorry, just one left... let me know if you want it.

2512 are way too big, maybe you can manage to use them on TH positions.

They have them too:

VSMP (Z Foil)

But not suitable values...

Before opening the web store they used to sell direct via email (I've buyed mines that way):

resistorinfo@texascomponents.com

Maybe you can try too.

Sorry, just one left... let me know if you want it.

Hi Dario
Yes please...;-)
koldby

Alternative Input Connectors

For those of you who are studying the BOM and planning purchase of components to build your FE, I would like to offer an alternative for the input connectors listed in the BOM. The input connectors in the BOM are fine and done carefully will work without problems for years. However, there have been a few occasions when those of us who have built FE have gotten the the connector out of place and lost connection.

The connector below has a header, housing, and pins that will fit perfectly in place of the BOM connectors, they are just a bit more rugged. The housing snaps into the header with a latch and the pins contact on both sides of the header pin. Naturally, they are a bit more expensive, so the best value is the BOM approach and a little extra care.

The following are Mouser part numbers

header - 70543-0001 Molex | Mouser

housing - 50-57-9402 Molex | Mouser

Pins - 16-02-1125 Molex | Mouser

Have fun.

Jac

For those of you who are studying the BOM and planning purchase of components to build your FE, I would like to offer an alternative for the input connectors listed in the BOM. The input connectors in the BOM are fine and done carefully will work without problems for years. However, there have been a few occasions when those of us who have built FE have gotten the the connector out of place and lost connection.

The connector below has a header, housing, and pins that will fit perfectly in place of the BOM connectors, they are just a bit more rugged. The housing snaps into the header with a latch and the pins contact on both sides of the header pin. Naturally, they are a bit more expensive, so the best value is the BOM approach and a little extra care.

The following are Mouser part numbers

header - 70543-0001 Molex | Mouser

housing - 50-57-9402 Molex | Mouser

Pins - 16-02-1125 Molex | Mouser

Have fun.

Jac

Many thanks Jack.

Marco

And now for some good news

Thanks Dario,

Just waiting, then do nothing :sad:.
No BAV99W, MK132 ....

Hi Olivosunlight,

Check post 1972 on the My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build Thread and Tutorial.

It's under "Chip Amps" in the Amp section of forums. Dario has come up with an alternative part number for the BAV99w in answer to a question from Davym.

Also, you will find that you can still find Caddock MK132's at Parts Connexion. A little closer to home, HiFiCollective has the 100kOhm MK132, but not the 200R. Also they are a bit more expensive than Parts Connexion. You might check around other suppliers in Europe.

Meanwhile, I've been busy inventing some new projects that will need an FE to power them. Dario, I know it won't be soon, if ever, but I'm hoping there will be another board buy at some point. When that happens, put my name first on the list for a pair of boards.

Jac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.