• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: SDTrans384 - A micro SD card digital transport

Please indicate the display choice by A,B,C,D :)

Attachments

• LCD-ColorList.jpg
    LCD-ColorList.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 678
Thats mine!
Just one question, is this good with R2R dacs, 44,1Khz/16Bit? Dac is Theta ds Gen VA. So i have not ES9018 dac...
Merry christmas!
-na

Hi, na!

I'm not familiar with Theta DAC. I assume it might have a S/PDIF input.
As SDTrans384 supports a standard S/PDIF output for 44.1kHz/16bit sources, I think you can play them without any problems.
However, SDTrans384 would show its quality potential rather in an I2S output than that in a S/PDIF output.
Even in the case of using S/PDIF, you may be able to experience some apparent sound quality improvements when you apply better DC power supplies and/or decoupling capacitors.

Bunpei

Honestly, since the initial development phase, no re-design nor change was made on the part of S/PDIF output.
Some DIY audiophiles in Japan have been reporting their satisfactory experiences on sound quality of SDTrans384 even for their S/PDIF cases. However, I have no idea on an absolute level of SQ in the case of S/PDIF output.