• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R-2R Volume Controller with 4 inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
VC boards are ready and on the way to Romania. I expect to get them in the next days.
Paypal payment is still delayed due new paypal regulations imposed by EU. Even I have provided all company documents, lifting receiving limit looks to be a time consuming process.

Sorry for this delay.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Tibi

I subscribed to this GB with two bare PCBs. I intended to build the LED version with some kind of interface to drive 7 segments VFD display. That’s the reason I didn't subscribe the pre-programmed Atmega.
When I look to schematic on post 46, I realize that the LED section is missing, so the main question is:
Does this PCB support the LED version?

Best Regards

Hello Tibi

I subscribed to this GB with two bare PCBs. I intended to build the LED version with some kind of interface to drive 7 segments VFD display. That’s the reason I didn't subscribe the pre-programmed Atmega.
When I look to schematic on post 46, I realize that the LED section is missing, so the main question is:
Does this PCB support the LED version?

Best Regards

Hello,

PCB can support 2 digit LED display, but we'll not provide a better firmware than http://vicol-audio.ro/img/volume-controller/ATM16_SHUNT_R_2R_LED.zip
You must know that is a big difference between LCD and LED firmware. LCD is far better in term of operation and functionality.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
New boards are ready.
Time to proceed with this GB. :)
Thanks for patience !

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20141116_005.jpg
    20141116_005.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 379
  • 20141116_006.jpg
    20141116_006.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 361
Tibi,

If you happen to have two additional bare PC boards, I'd love to add them to my order. If not, no problem. However, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

It would revise my order to 3 bare + 1 with microcontroller.

I was just looking again at the spreadsheet and thought "might as well ask to see if I could get the parts for 7 channels while I'm doing it."

Again, no problem if you don't have enough. I completely understand as I didn't think about it when I ordered.

Either way, I'm very excited!

Thanks,

Steve

Great!

What is the maximum number of boards the microcontroller is able to handle? The reason I'm asking is would it be possible to configure the controller for balanced for the front two channels and single-ended for the center, sides, rear and sub? In other words, 2 balanced and 6 single ended channels - so 5 boards total. Can the controller handle this?

Great!

What is the maximum number of boards the microcontroller is able to handle? The reason I'm asking is would it be possible to configure the controller for balanced for the front two channels and single-ended for the center, sides, rear and sub? In other words, 2 balanced and 6 single ended channels - so 5 boards total. Can the controller handle this?

As you can see from my first post, we made for a recording studio this controller with 12 channels. This is equivalent to 6 stereo channels or 3 balanced.
To answer your question, with a dedicated firmware and few extra transistors it is possible to drive 5 boards.

Regards,
Tibi

Tibi,

Thank you for pointing me back to your original post. I had forgotten that it showed stacking for multiple channels. Perfect! :)

What is required for the firmware change? How do I specify this and is there an additional charge for this?

THANK YOU for your help!

Steve

Tibi,

Thank you for pointing me back to your original post. I had forgotten that it showed stacking for multiple channels. Perfect! :)

What is required for the firmware change? How do I specify this and is there an additional charge for this?

THANK YOU for your help!

Steve

Your microcontroller will be programmed for 2balanced+1stereo. For this you'll need one more board and custom firmware option.

Regards,
Tibi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.