• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for TPA3116/8 PBTL bare pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did some testing and all was ok :) So now a little music is playing...

Attachments

• dug1.jpg
    dug1.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 549
Yes jumper for single ended if you want ground there on pcb.
Didn't separate avcc from pvcc because I don't feel like adjusting a 2nd/3rd/4th PSU and do not (expect the) need to remove sibilance (that way).

Oh I added a 10nF 100v cog between DC input, any technical objections to location??

For comparison reasons, helping a friend, inputs are 10uF ceramics at the moment, no thump, muffled soft click after little time when chip switches on or unmutes, I haven't looked at what circuit does, didn't really had need for it but doesn't hurt either:)

When using cdplayer as location for shieldground I have same whistle-like noise only lower volume as with the Neutrik audiotransformers on input, so maybe a capacitor in cdplayer somewhere is making that noise??? Almost completely quiet stereo now, completely quiet when tested mono, so yes grounding may play role there.

First impression is very good. So maybe ceramics can work. Still need to have little more time and compare with hiampmini's.

Dug what is the little + middle of pcb between chip and inductors? Was looking at that soldering all little smd's and forgot to ask earlier, it isn't speaker or trace polarity, you left a design-cursor there?

Power supply for dual mono

I have been using 120va toroid (2 @ 15v windings 4A each) for single stereo TPA3116 boards and this has worked well. I get 21v at the amp.

Using 2 of Doug's boards making a stereo pair do you think the power demand goes up to any degree? I mean at the speaker it would still be the same demand per channel even tho 2 chips now supply the power. My thinking is this is still an adequate transformer but would appreciate some opinions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.